F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Feedback on Scorpion Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback on Scorpion Exhaust

I'm new to the sport bike scene and want to add a slip on to my newly purchased 2004 cbr 600 f4i. My problem is that I've talked to so many people and it seems that everyone likes different brands. I have heard a Scorpion and Yosh exhaust on an f4i so far and like the sound of the Scorpion better, sounded a little deeper and seemed to have more of a "growl" to me. I've been to many web site and talked to lots of people but not many used Scorpion before and the one guy with the Scorpion slip on really did not know too much about it( bought the bike that way) and only had the bike for a few weeks. So I'm looking for feedback from others that have or have had Scorpion in the past. I got a great deal on the bike, had only 900 miles, but everything is stock and I slowly want to change the appearance and performance
of it. Thanks for your time.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Default RE: Feedback on Scorpion Exhaust

Scorpion what? Never heard of them either. Which IMOHO I like. If you've heard it before and liked the sound (like Nike says) JUST DO IT!

Old 02-12-2007, 11:32 PM

If you arent familiar with those brands, you must be new to the scene yourself.

If I had my pick, I would go with the Scorpion. They look awesome, sound is great, and claims to not need remapping at all. Thats just my opinion though

Old 02-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slip-ons dont really need remap...
Scorpion exhausts are hand-made in England, and 'Titanium' is a popular series. I just got one from another cbrforum member. It does sound great, although I havent tried to compare it with a f4i+yosh.
They have a couple of colors - I dont believe yellow is one of them - but mine had been de-colored by the original owner. Although it's mostly grey right now, it does look great!

[IMG]local://upfiles/11015/776DD722023F486F8C7D300B0A8651BD.jpg[/IMG]

There's a scorpion engraved on the back - not very visible in this pic due to cam problem

Old 02-13-2007, 12:44 AM

I have a Scorpion Carbon Fiber. I like mine. I really prefer the lower pitch sound.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:46 AM

mine came with a scorpion slip-on and I like it compared to others I've heard. But if they claim to not require remapping, wouldnt that suggest to some point that it doesn't really add any power as it doesn't require more fuel? I guess you don't see too much gains from any slip-on though

Old 02-13-2007, 03:08 AM

i have the yosh and i love the sound, it has a good balance i think

Old 02-14-2007, 02:58 AM

I have GP High-Mount Titanium. Really like the style and sound. Also it stays cool while riding so the passanger does not get burned.

Old 02-14-2007, 03:31 AM

I went with the Two Bros. Racing pipe, it sounds nice and deep, and its loud in low gears at high rpms. But what is nice, if you want to ride quiet at nights in neighborhoods, I shift up to 3rd or 4th and its quieter.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:11 PM

Where did you guys get your Scorpion High Mounts from? I have a Scorpion on my Katana and really love it, so I want to put one on my F4i as well, but I am having a problem locating a High Mount Carbon online.

-Thanks
-Tom

Quick Reply: Feedback on Scorpion Exhaust