F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

which fairings?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which fairings?

hey guys, i've decided to get new fairings, but i'm stuck between two paint schemes. i'm between either all red or the lucky strike fairings. what do you guys think? also, how much do you think it would be to paint the gas tank as well?

Old 01-12-2010, 09:20 PM

Seeming your getting the Tank painted it be easier to go all red.. Would you promote lucky strike sigs? I dont think i have ever seen that scheme on a f4i before.. If you were going to get the all red as long as your plastics now are in good shape it be cheaper just having the whole bike painted... just me .02c

Old 01-12-2010, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by yog182
Seeming your getting the Tank painted it be easier to go all red.. Would you promote lucky strike sigs? I dont think i have ever seen that scheme on a f4i before.. If you were going to get the all red as long as your plastics now are in good shape it be cheaper just having the whole bike painted... just me .02c
I don't know about that bro, auctmarts fairings are pretty cheap... if there were any blemishes on the existing fairings I'd say go that route.

All red is much better than the lucky strike one, but I'm not really crazy about either... red with black accents looks better imo but it's your bike brah

I have auctmarts fairings on my bike, by the way. Looks real good

Old 01-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My vote is Lucky Strikes. Billions of red CBRs out there. But how many Lucky Strike schemes have you seen on any motorcycle?

Old 01-13-2010, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by yog182
repainting the fairings i wont be an option because the tail is pretty messed up (missing tabs, and cracked) and i just lowsided my bike, so the side fairing would need to get body work done on it. it would be cheaper to get new ebay fairings. i really cant make up my mind. my girlfriend and female friends say that they like the red, but my riding buddies like the lucky strike. i'm so torn. more opinions please!!!!

Old 01-13-2010, 12:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you planning on doing with the red? Unless it's just the picture, that red is REALLY bright. If you weren't a magnet for cops before, you are now. Black stripes and it'd be alright. Just not my cup of tea.

IMHO, chicks don't care what color your MOTORCYCLE is, as long as you have one, and can ride.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:47 AM

yea lucky is the one. where r u planning on purchasing these fairings?

Old 01-13-2010, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by playb0i
yea lucky is the one. where r u planning on purchasing these fairings?
Auctmart, I believe its an ebay store from what ive read, also from what ive read its one of the better fitting aftermarket fairings.

As much as I like the red, Ive never seen a lucky strike f4i before.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:47 PM

ordered the lucky strike fairings . i'll post pics when they come in!

Old 01-13-2010, 03:12 PM

Lucky strike! I'll trade u my red boring fairings if u like em that much

Quick Reply: which fairings?