F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4I for wife?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 01:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4I for wife?

My wife is deployed to Kuwait and shes informed me she wants a new bike in the garage for herself when she gets home, she wanted a new R6 and I said I didnt think that was a good ideal, she has limited experiance on a Harley sporster and she will take the MSF class before she rides again, I told her I didnt think teh R6 was good for a newbie and the riding position would be to aggresive for her comfort, I suggested the F4 , not because I have any experiance with it because I dont but it looks like a baby Blackbird and I hear it has a very linear powerband, unlike the 600 race replicas, so a few questions. does the F4 roast you legs in traffic lika a Blackbird does, how is the new two person seat ? and any recomendations on higher bars? thank you.

Old 10-30-2005, 01:39 AM
Registered Users
Default RE: F4I for wife?

What's wrong with an R6 instead of an F4? The R6 is lighter, more nimble, and faster than the F4. The sluggish (top end power) and "chubby" F4 will defintely be a disappointment compared to the R6. If your wife is into comfort, then teh F4 will suffice; but if she wants to have fun on a bike she won't outgrow too quickly, she'd be better off with the R6. Bikes are bikes...you can kill yourself on a 250 or a 1K...it all depends on the rider so I don't think there's such a thing as an off-limits bike for a newbie. I'd vote to get her an R6.

The F4, like most bikes, roasts body parts when it gets hot in stop-and-go traffic, otherwise, it's an even call....

Old 10-30-2005, 02:22 AM

well after a , what 35 or 40 HP sporster, I do think the slower and less nimble F4 is more up to her speed, for me yes. I would love to have an R6 or an R1, but were talking about a 42 year old woman who has no desire to race through the twisties, and she does want to ride to the coast and thats about a 400 mile round trip so yes I thought the F4 would be better suited for her, and as far as the heat, not all bikes roast ya, My Hayabusa puts out almost zero heat on the rider, My Blackbird cooks you like a Habachi! and I totaly agree with you, its not the bike that kills you, its your own stupidy or in experiance , and that will happen weather your on a Ninja 250 or a Hayabusa. My son is new and he started on a Blackbird, hes very responsible and has good self control, I would have killed my self if I started on a XX , so back to my wife, yes she wants a comfortable and sporty looking bike, she's not looking for the best apex carver out there. ????? I also figure if she out grows the F4, which I doubt , my 17 year old daughter also wants a bike so it would be a great hand me down for her.

Old 10-30-2005, 10:15 PM

The F4/F4i would be fine. The bike gets hot, but it doesn't "roast you like a hibachi". The seat is fine (basically the same seat on my F4). It is not as sporty as the split seat, but it is more comfortable.

Old 10-30-2005, 11:28 PM

I was also thinking of getting an R6 (my husband has an R1) I felt as a new rider the R6 was a little more aggressive. I love my bike. I am glad I chose the f4i. Heat hasn't bothered me so far.

Old 10-31-2005, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

sure, i'll trade you my wife for an f4i.

oh, wait. i just read the title and not the whole post. i wondered why this wasn't under the classifieds section.

Old 10-31-2005, 07:16 PM

Well send me pis of you wife, maybe we can work out a deal? I have a Hayabusa and a CBR1100XX and soon an F4I ?? LOL

Old 11-01-2005, 05:44 PM

I haven't ridden an R6, but from one female's perspective, the F4i is great! My previous bike was a 450+ lb Katana. Compared to that, this bike is a dream! I am only 5'3", so we lowered it 1" and I have ordered a Corbin seat for the 250+ mile rides we like to do on weekends. Right now, I wouldn't trade my bike for anything!

Old 11-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

brand new R6 or just an r6? 06s will roast your wife if she makes a mistake...say too much throttle in the turn...low or highside...less chance with something like a 250...
it's not for a newb mang...neither is the F4i but much more forgiving...
what's that crack about the F4 having a sluggish top end? you mean lowend...if topend...you aint riding it right or the bike is jacked.

Quick Reply: F4I for wife?