F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i Update

k so i went up to orlando wit family n i took my cbr with me. see the whole time ive had my bike its never gotten very hot. well i rode to daytona with my dad and in traffic it started blinking at 250 so i pulled over n let it cool. no fan? hmmm. looked around on it. spotted the fan. but it wasnt working. spun it. k not seized up. screwed off the seat. looked in the fuze box. oh look. no ****in fan fuze. AND to make it an even better day. a nice black sticker on the frame that read "State of alabama. Salvaged Vehicle Permit." the ****in bike has been totaled before. and the dealershop only told me that it had one previous owner who droped it once while not moving. sorry for spellin alot of **** wrong but im still kinda pissed so im tryping fast. now in other news. i got bored so i put spiked wind screen bolts on my bike along with chrome bar ends and cbr racing grips. i think ima need sumone to help me wit my flush mounts cuzz like ive said before. im not very handy. but ya. that was my vacation in orlando. =]

Old 04-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Default RE: F4i Update

A salvaged bike as long as put back together will be fine. Most of the time replacing all your fairings and a few other things can cause a salvage title because of the cost. So the Salvage might just be from getting new fairings.

Sucks about the fan though. At least it was only a cheap fuse.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

However the stealership should have told you about it... that would certainly have dropped the price of the bike.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:31 PM

yah? i paid 4500 for it.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:13 PM

4500? how many miles. If it was salvaged I would go ****in kill the dealer. Tell him you would like then to either take the bike back or give you a discount on what you already paid. Just bluff with them for a bit. Then they might give you some store credit. I did this with a dealer because they sold me a bike that fubared on me and I got like 750 in store credit after a bit of bluffing.

Try it

Old 04-14-2007, 09:32 PM

yah maybe i can get an exhaust and fender eliminator out of it lol. or maybe another crappy bike to use for stunting practise. lmao

Old 04-15-2007, 04:20 AM

I'm surprised that a dealer got away with selling a salvaged bike......they usually don't touch them if they've been salvaged/rebuilt for fear of liability

But even in the paperwork it should have disclosed on the titled that it was rebuilt/salvaged or something...u know????

I'd definitely go talk to someone at the dealer and bitch up a storm

Old 04-15-2007, 12:02 PM

Is it possible they didnt know it either? I would think that somewhere along the title transfers, something should have
stated *salvaged*

I would absolutely go back to the stealership and make a big deal, be polite, but possibly on the verge of making a scene. You got something coming to you.
they cant have the word getting out that they are selling salvaged bikes.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:03 PM

law suit? i smell one. so does my family. and seeing that my uncle is a lawyer. a very good one. maybe if i get a **** load of money i'll send yall sum lol. ima be rich bitch![sm=bling.gif]

Old 04-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sue sue sue sue sue,

Quick Reply: F4i Update