F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i track bike build

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Track junkie & modaholic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you powder coating the forks as well? If you do I say go black or leave the silver anno, have you sent the fairings off to get painted (doing it yourself)? I say rebuild the bike before you get the fairings painted and see how it looks with the green than throw the primer'ed fairings on and that will let you know if its too much green or not. I think its pretty cool - very in your face - now you just gotta back it up and be good at the track. Im excited to see the end result kinda reminds me of an energy drink bike build. If you don't mind me asking how much has all the paint cost so far? And thanks for the photos of the soda blasting, I might do that to clean up my weathered engine... If I can find another garage.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:41 AM

The forks will stay black. The paint is all done by me at my bike shop. The bike will definitely be near complete before fairings are painted. I will have them here but no paint. The wheels are black with polished lips, black forks and probably going to powdercoat the engine covers black. That way it will break up the green some. The paint has only cost me $100 so far but that's at dealer cost.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

Nice well that definitely makes things easier. I think it'll look good.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by CJardine
Nice well that definitely makes things easier. I think it'll look good.
Thanks man I'm sure hoping so.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:56 PM

Well got a few more things ordered today. I was able to get a set of steering stem bearings from all ***** and found a front end off an 06 1000rr complete with everything except a wheel and rotors. I found a HRC wiring harness I didn't even know I had. Now just a waiting game waiting for everything to arrive. Front end should be here pretty quick since its only coming from a couple hours away. Here's a pic of the forks.

Attached Thumbnails F4i track bike build-image.jpg  
Old 07-21-2013, 07:31 PM

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  114.5 KB

Made more progress on the bike today. Got the all ***** steering bearings in and got the front end on. Still got to remove the horn and a couple other minor things like the throttle and clutch master. I've also got to order caliper mounting bolts, front rotors and bolts, 1000rr front wheel bearings, HRC quick throttle, brembo master cylinder, woodcraft clipons with a 2 inch rise and a clutch lever. That will finish up the front end. Need a rear axle and that will allow me to atleast roll the bike around. Once all that gets done then its time to start building the motor. That's where the real fun begins.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:28 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

How was mounting the rr swingarm? I know there is some grinding that needs to be done however, I'm always looking for more info and pics on that part. Looks good so far! What track fairings are you gonna skin the bike in?

Old 07-21-2013, 10:18 PM

I'm using an 06 600rr swingarm so the shock mounting block doesn't exist on this year model. It's only on the 03-04. I am not sure what I'm gonna use for the fairings yet.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

well just got my hands on my sharkskinz before I sent them off to get painted and man they are flexible! I really like them and if you still haven't purchased your fairings before I pick mine up I'll give a more detailed review if you want, and try to answer any unanswered questions.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:25 AM

I've looked into a few different brands for track fairings. It's going to be one of the last things but if I come across a stellar deal I might have to jump on it.

Quick Reply: F4i track bike build