F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i track bike build

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I dug the driven racing smog block off plates out of storage. Those will help me drop a little bit of weight. Not much weight but every little bit counts. Eliminating the PAIR valve and a few other minor things will save a few lbs. I figured all the lights, passenger pegs, wiring for the lights, PAIR valve and horn will save 5 lbs or so atleast.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 2wheelfury
Hey boredandstroked I found a 1000rr front end off an 06 and its been fully built with race tech internals including gold valves, rebound gold valves and .90kg springs. The set of forks only has about 8k miles on them and only 1k or so since they've been rebuilt. Race tech built the forks and they come with paperwork to prove it. It includes everything such as the triples, clip ons, front master, brake lines, calipers, etc. only thing not included is the front wheel. Can I use an F4i front wheel and put 1000rr rotors on it?
Honestly I have no idea but my gut says no. Only one way to find out though....

Old 07-08-2013, 07:40 PM

Ok. I've got the front end just waiting for the guy to break it down and ship it. Once it arrives ill get it on there and order rotors to see if it will work. A close friend of mine dropped off 3 sets of take offs today for me so should be set on track tires for a bit. The only thing I worry about with using the f4i wheel is that the offset won't be correct.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:33 PM

Well started getting the frame ready for assembly this evening by putting the castle nuts for the engine mounts back in, putting on the shock mount, etc. My subframe will arrive tomorrow afternoon so I'm going to jump right on sanding it and prepping it for paint. I'm hoping my swingarm will arrive tomorrow also. If not tomorrow definitely Wednesday. I sanded, primed and painted the valve cover today. Clear coating it first thing in the morning and going to install the smog block off plates on it. I got a shock linkage and hardware ordered and on the way so once that all gets here I should have the paint work done so I can begin assembling the bike. Once I get the front end here and get all of this put together I'm going to start really working on the motor work and getting the motor built. Only things I still need to get the bike on wheels is a rear axle and I'm hoping that I can use my F4i front wheel with the 1000rr rotors on them. If not, them I'll be on the hunt for a 1000rr front wheel. I'm starting to get excited to get the bike rolling around and really can't wait to see it come together and see how it looks. Any of you guys got any recommendations for aftermarket heavy duty stator covers? I've tried the LRC/Yana Shiki ones in the past and they were ok but just wondering if anyone else has something that they'd recommend.

Attached Thumbnails F4i track bike build-trackbuild5.jpg   F4i track bike build-trackbuild6.jpg   F4i track bike build-trackbuild7.jpg  
Old 07-09-2013, 08:05 PM

Finished the valve cover and got the smog block off plates installed. It turned out great. Subframe came in and I got it sanded and a coat of primer on it.

Attached Thumbnails F4i track bike build-image.jpg  
Old 07-10-2013, 05:47 PM

Well the subframe is painted and cleared. I'm waiting on it to dry. My shock linkage and hardware came in today. Still no swingarm. It will definitely be here tomorrow though. Once the subframe dries I'm going to start putting some stuff together.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Are there alot of tracks in the area?

Old 07-10-2013, 07:35 PM

I have about 6-7 within reasonable driving distance.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:25 AM

PM me if you still need that injector harness. It's still free =]

Old 07-12-2013, 08:54 AM

Well got my swingarm done. Installing it today and hoping there's not too much green. I know the subframe will be mostly covered and a portion of the frame as well.

Attached Thumbnails F4i track bike build-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: F4i track bike build