F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

f4i sport tour or sport all the way

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 12:41 PM
stx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f4i sport tour or sport all the way

I have often heard people refer to the f4i as a sport tour, in my own personal experience I find the f4i to be great for everything but touring, I have put in some long miles but when I travel to say obx or the dragon I hafta trailer it down. guy's and gal's, what do you think?

Old 12-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: f4i sport tour or sport all the way

i think it's all about how you ride it...back in the day, it was a full on sportbike and now it's a tourer? not much has changed since the day it came out at a full on sportbike...other than the banana seat and the RR coming out...honda can't have 2 sportbikes on the market now can they?

soooooo...what do i think? mines is a sportbike...cause i ride it like a sportbike...
so based on this definition, the majority of RRs, R this and that blah blah blah...are sport tourers at best...muahahh...

Old 12-15-2006, 04:40 PM

i would probably say sport bike even though they say its a sport tourer just, its a very comfortable sport bike but id still probably put it in that catagory

Old 12-15-2006, 04:48 PM

Sport, I've gone on a few "touring" rides that were several hours long, and when I finished it felt like I just got out of prison. I've gotta '02 F4i with the split seats though and theyre notoriously uncomfortable. But I ride mine like a sport bike, not a sit up tourer.

Old 12-15-2006, 05:10 PM

Yeah, I enjoy the sport aspect of it more
________
bondage girl Webcams

Last edited by Brandon77; 04-09-2011 at 04:17 AM.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:56 PM

sport bike no doubt. anything the RR can do on the street the F4i can do as well. almost the same story on the track too.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Retired Moderator

I've gone on a couple rides about two hundred miles in length (one day), and that seemed to be my limit on this bike. I know there are other bikes disigned to be true sport tourers. These motorcycles have acomodations for luggage, more comfortable positions, heated this and that, and even automatic transmitions (Yamaha's FJR 1300). My definition of a sport tourer is something you can ride comfortabley for hours and hours, and still lean it if you need to. The F4i doesn't quite meet both requirements...but it sure kicks ***! There are some guys on this forum, though, who ride them like their life depends on it (Thirdgenlxi), and they may have a different opinion. Also, there are a couple of folks who are going to make 600+ mile rides (one day I think), on their F4i's very soon...they might have VERY strong opinions when they are done this "holiday season".

Old 12-16-2006, 12:37 AM

It is the best of both worlds....better to be sport touring for insurance reasons though...

Old 12-16-2006, 12:37 AM

I think anything can be a touring bike. I've loaded up the 900RR and done 1700 miles in 4 days with a tank bag and a duffle bag strapped on back. No, it's not the most comfortable of rides but I couldnt complain about much either. A Gold Wing it's not, but sportier than an F4i. My brother did the same on his GSX-R 1000 the same weekend with no complaints. I think it's what you make of it.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:39 AM

ORIGINAL: gixxereater

I think anything can be a touring bike. I've loaded up the 900RR and done 1700 miles in 4 days with a tank bag and a duffle bag strapped on back. No, it's not the most comfortable of rides but I couldnt complain about much either. A Gold Wing it's not, but sportier than an F4i. My brother did the same on his GSX-R 1000 the same weekend with no complaints. I think it's what you make of it.

Key note...that is the difference....

Quick Reply: f4i sport tour or sport all the way