F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i shock spring

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i shock spring

I need to upgrade my shock spring and race tech doesn't list the F4i, only the 99-00 F4. Does the 99-00 F4 shock and spring the same on the F4i, specifically the 01?

Thanks,

Old 06-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Default RE: F4i shock spring

I am currently looking for F4i suspension parts and running into the same problem. right now I'm looking for fork springs and cant find them listed.
I called Dan Kyle suspension shops and they said they could get the forks for me, Ohlins. try contacting a couple of places and see what they say specifically for the F4i

Old 06-26-2007, 11:40 PM

I went to my local dealer where I get a little discount and they said Tucker Rocky discontinued the Race Tech springs for the F4i, which I thought was rediculous. But they called Parts Unlimited and they said they had the fork springs in their warehouse. I have them on order, but now I have to find the shock spring.[:@]

Old 06-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what i remember...they don't have a direct replacement for the F4i...but some shops are able to fit it with a different shock with the spring rate you want.PM jaybird as he was looking to have the rear reworked to fit his riding needs.

i've also called ppsracing.com and they said they could put a new shock spring and revalve the rear to make it more suited for my weight...but then i decided to go baller and got penske.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:42 PM

This is nuts, I just called Race Tech sales and they couldn't answer the question either. They said they didn't have a spring listed either and didn't know what it takes. I had to twist their arm a bit to see if they could at least talk to thier engineering department to find out since I've already ordered my fork springs and would like to match up the shock. She told me to give her a few hours to find out and call her back. I'll post the results since it's pretty clear others have the same issue.

And thanks Tahoe for the info on PPS Racing. If this doesn't work out, I may give them a call. I don't really want to spend the money for a Penske right now. Just maximize what I have since I won't be racing. At least not in the near future and if I do, I'll probably opt for something I can run in the more senior classes. The 600 class in WERA seems to be full of young testostironefilled bucks that seem to have no fear of death and I have to work on Monday.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have the specs, I think Eibach makes a compatible spring. It came up in my research.....OOoops that was for my Ohlins shock.
Very few shops are willing to rework the stock shock. I think Woodyracing may have more info on that then I do. I did however get Racetech 1.00 front springs.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:33 PM

Yep, 1.0 fork springs is what I have on order. Just need the 16kg fork spring to match up.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MrDoug

Yep, 1.0 fork springs is what I have on order. Just need the 16kg fork spring to match up.
Huh?

Old 06-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rear spring perhaps?

you dont' have to go racetech for both, etc...you just need the proper spring rate for both and you're golden!

Old 06-27-2007, 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

ORIGINAL: MrDoug

Huh?
Shock spring IS what I meant, just had a bit of brain fade. Just turned 40, so now it begins....damnit.

Quick Reply: F4i shock spring