F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i or RR? Differences?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006 | 03:49 PM
Default F4i or RR? Differences?

Looking at both. F4i's seem to be cheaper.

Let's hear the facts and the opinions. What are the differences, and most importantly - what model is a better choice for a novice rider who is still looking for decent performance?

Steve

Old 06-27-2006 | 04:04 PM
Default RE: F4i or RR? Differences?

This is how is was explained to me by my friend who is a Honda dealer:

Ride the 600RR, now imagine 90% of that and you have the F4i. After riding both I agree with that assessment.

In my case, that meant the F4i was better suited to me as a daily rider because I was just that much more relaxed because the bike was a little more sedate.

Old 06-27-2006 | 04:11 PM

The RR is more expensive because it's the "Hyper" version of the F4i. The RR was designed with the track in mind, but makes a good street bike also. The RR has an aggressive riding position, a little more power in both torque and HP, an under tail exhaust (which gets hot in traffic) and some other goodies not found on the F4i.

The F4i is no slouch, still a great, fun, agile, and potent street machine. The F4i has a more comfortable riding position for those longer rides. It has moderately less HP than the RR but it is much easier to launch, this is why you see at times a better 1/4 mile time. If you’re a novice both bikes will make you smile all day.

I ride an F4i and I love it, with the mods I have added it runs like a stock RR. I have to admit though I got my F4i prior to the release of the RR. If I waited I might have gone the RR route myself.

Remember 5 years ago the F4i was Honda's "Champion" bike on the race circuit; Nicky Hayden (now with GP) won numerous titles on this bike.

Comes down to preference and for a lot of people comfort.

Diabo

Old 06-27-2006 | 05:07 PM

Does anyone know the horsepower difference between the two?

Old 06-27-2006 | 05:13 PM

I agree with Diablo 100% on the specs. It came down to comfort for me when buying the F4i. But since the RR wasn't out yet, it was compared to the other 3 jap makes. Even now I would still take an F4i over the RR since I don't ride track just street.

Old 06-27-2006 | 05:21 PM

i went to honda took out an 600RR was a very fun bike ..but after 20 minutes on it ..i wanted off, im 6'2 and that seating postition was very uncomfortable, right after ..i took out an F4i ..there really wasnt that much of a differnce in power ..there is some ..but nothing a few mods cant fix ..and the seating postition was very comfortable..i was impressed ..thats why i bought the F4i aposed to the RR....and i took out the 1000RR but ..thats just an on and off switch ..lol insane..id go F4i if ur a bigger guy and gonna be doing alotta riding.

Old 06-27-2006 | 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Diabo

I ride an F4i and I love it, with the mods I have added it runs like a stock RR.

Remember 5 years ago the F4i was Honda's "Champion" bike on the race circuit; Nicky Hayden (now with GP) won numerous titles on this bike.

Comes down to preference and for a lot of people comfort.

Diabo

thats all you had to say =)

Old 06-27-2006 | 08:52 PM

Good info. Is the F4i significantly cheaper? It's hard to gauge by the eBay auctions and "Buy It Now" prices...

Old 06-27-2006 | 10:09 PM

FYI- the seat on an RR doesn't get hot.
Anyhow, ride both (if you can) and make a decision based on your opinion. I agree the riding position was more comfortable- +1 F4i. But, I went with the RR personally- i didn't get the bike just for comfort!!!

Anyhow, ride both (if you can) and make a decision based on your opinion.

Old 06-27-2006 | 11:09 PM

get the RR

Quick Reply: F4i or RR? Differences?