F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i with race rails

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i with race rails

I have searched and cant find any good pics of the race rails installed and was wondering if anyone has or could snap some pics of them installed. I am considering getting a set and was wondering how they would look. Thanks

Old 07-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Default RE: F4i with race rails

???? I 'm not sure that I have ever heard of "race rails" what are they

Old 07-08-2007, 02:50 PM

http://www.powersstuntworx.com/railz.html

dunno if they have pics of em on an f4i but they do sell them.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:58 PM

hmm, never seen those before. kinda cool. not sure its worth $175, what makes them better than just frame sliders. I dont see how they can offer any more protection, if a slider puck hits the ground, it will still hold that whole section of plastic up off the ground. even though its main purpose is frame protection.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:59 PM

They look like stunt cages, rather than anything to do with racing.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:05 PM

yeah i think thats all they are is a smaller version of a stunt cage. i could see them maybe being a lil better than a slider but i think ill stick with my vortex sliders. lol

Old 07-08-2007, 03:34 PM

they are better because the have 2mount points which increase stability and protects fainigs and frame and motor better!!! They are NOT stunt cages, Stunt cages wraps around the bike which dramatily decrease the amount you can lean which decrease your ability to curve!!

Old 07-08-2007, 09:58 PM

I still say its an attempt to fix a problem thats not there, if you crash hard enough to rip a Vortex slider off an F4i your bike is gonna be completely destroyed no matter what you have on there
yeah cheap **** sliders will break or rip out but I've crashed my F4i every way you can and at very high speeds and my vortex sliders have never even hinted at bending/breaking/ripping off
I've gone through at least 5 slider pucks and have had the same bases on there since I first installed them

plus the actual slider on the damn thing still just attaches with a small hex bolt just like every other frame slider, so if that breaks off in a crash you've got a nice big hunk of metal dragging on the ground attached to your frame. And actually the bolts it uses to attach the slider to the "railz" is less than half the size of the bolts frame sliders use
on race bikes its not uncommon for gas to leak out of the tank in a crash, metal dragging on pavement covered inrace gas = large fireball

hell the damn things come with aluminum sliders, thats retarded to begin with. The whole idea behind sliders is that they grind down as it slides and has some "give" to it for any bumps in the pavement, aluminum does not do that

Old 07-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

W3RD WOODY!!!!!!!!!!!
stay away...from them...

Old 07-09-2007, 12:38 PM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

hell the damn things come with aluminum sliders, thats retarded to begin with. The whole idea behind sliders is that they grind down as it slides and has some "give" to it for any bumps in the pavement, aluminum does not do that
they actually slide i got a set on my crash cage and i went down at 70mph and no flipping. the way the slider is designed itdoes slide. my friend with a 01 r1 went down at 60 and it slid. the slider just grinds down

Quick Reply: F4i with race rails