F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i questions for y'all

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 06:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i questions for y'all

Hey y'all. been awhile since I posted last.

I've been riding around learning how to really ride well on a ninja 500, just to hone my skills before I step up to an F4i. before I buy one though, I want to do my homework and know what issues, if any there may be to watch out for. know now, save time/money later.

Is it possible to set the F4i up with an undertail exhaust though? I really think that would clean up the overall look of the bike quite a bit. I remember at length discussing this with someone, who said essentially I'd need the RR swingarm, exhaust system, subframe, etc to make it work, by which point I could have just bought the RR in the first place.

overall, Honda is my first choice of bike. I just LOVE everything about the CBR600. the look of the front end, seat height, yellow/black paint, just EVERYTHING looks great on it.

are there any specific issues that I should watch out for on any given year of the F4i?
how about some HP and torque specs as well.
also, can anyone suggest a good source of a fender eliminator kit for that GIGANTIC airbrake fender?

before anyone asks, I already invested in protective gear, which I know is something many proper riders care about. Helmet, jacket, boots, gloves are taken care of. wont ride without that stuff.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Banned
Default RE: F4i questions for y'all

Buy the new 'Sport Rider', it'll have all the specs and info you want on the new F4i as well as comparisons to other similar bikes. I am with you as far as wanting the underseat exhaust, but not wanting an RR.

Early F4i had the split seat, the newer ones have a banana seat, search on that swap if you want a new bike with the better looking split seat, several people have done it that are on this forum. Other than that, my first 4100 miles have been great on this bike. Good luck and keep us posted on your choice.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:29 AM

I just sold my F3 to get an '02 F4i and I freakin love it. I'm sure newer F4i's are even better, aimed at touring and comfort, except I wanted a split seat racing '02 look. I didn't know you could trade a banana for a split, (seat that is!) Also, '01 to '03 models were honda's 600 class racing bike before the RR so that's another reason I picked that year. You won't be let down, all f4i's are awesome. I like the swingarm of the RR too but I chose the F4i because I live in grid streets and stop and go traffic chicago.

Are there any photos of split seat swaps on new F4i's bobthebiker and i can see? thanks

Old 09-22-2006, 01:23 PM
Retired Moderator

This is what I am getting (GP-7). You are going to get a response for every manufacturer that makes one though. Just look at the threads that ask which pipe to get. Anyway, I find this one particularly sexy.

http://www.devilbikes.com/bodywork_p...EmQ0JSIEY0SQ==

Old 09-22-2006, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: 98f3pilot
Are there any photos of split seat swaps on new F4i's bobthebiker and i can see? thanks
Just look at the 01-03 model. That is EXACTLY what a 04+ F4i looks like with the split seat conversion.

To the OP, please ride that EX500 for at least a year or two before you step up. As soon as you swing a leg over a F4i you will see why.

Also, if you really like the styling of the 600rr then when you are ready, you should go with the 600rr. It would be a whole lot less expensive to put a Corbin saddle and helibars on the 600rr than a tail/swingarm/exhaust conversion on the F4i. The F4i is the better streetbike, but it just dosent make sense to buy one and try to make it into a 600rr.

Old 09-22-2006, 03:45 PM

the reason I dont want the RR, is because for one, it sits too high, two I dont care for the way the bike feels to me, and three, I do NOT need a racing ready machine.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:07 PM

You can put an undertail exhaust on a 01-03 F4i, but it will take quite a bit of fabrication and you will be down on power compared to a F4i with a standard exhaust. You will probably need the 600rr swingarm to make it look right. I have see a F4i with undertail exhaust and the standard swingarm and IMHO it looks goofy.