F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i Motorswaps?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 04:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i Motorswaps?

Hey guys I got an F4i which i was gonna sell but deal fell through...so instead I think Im gonna completely redo it over...ive pretty much figured everything out except for the motor...I was going to originally stroke it out which would probally end up being custom (and quite a good bit of money) but then I thought why not do a motorswap? Ive been asking around about this for a while and it doesnt look good. I would Ideally like to drop in a CBR929RR motor. i dont mind getting custom mounts made or things like that...but i dont want to go as far as choppin up the frame. Is it possible? if not a 929 motor are there any other motors that can be put into an F4i? a 919, 929, or 954 are the engines im lookin to drop in if its possible.

If no luck with a swap, I remeber seeing somewhere on here that there was a 654cc stroker kit for the F4? what about for the F4i? who makes it? what were the torque and HP gains?

Old 08-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Default RE: F4i Motorswaps?

I am in no position to help with what is necessary for an engine swap. But I think that if you put in a different engine, you have to address allignment of the rear wheel and sprockets... But with all of my looking at different cbr's, I noticed that the 1100xx is extremely similar to the f4i. Similar frame, swing-arm, and probably ECU. That would definitely give you a little extra HP!, and maybe it's a simple swap(if their's anything of the sort.

Old 08-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Default RE: F4i Motorswaps?

Damn a 1100 engine?! that might be a little more punch that Im lookin for

I heard that even simple swaps like a 954 into a 929, u need to buy a 954 swing arm because it mounts sumwhere where it basically becomes part of the frame...so i have no problem throwing on a 929 swing arm onto an F4i if it fits. I was planning to get a stonger swing arm anyway...this would actually make it simpler.

I really wanna do this 929 swap into my F4i...man someone whos into this kinda work HELP ME!!!!