F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i Mini Info Site - What to put?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: F4i Mini Info Site - What to put?

ORIGINAL: Wants a CBR
Maintenence (oil, coolant, chain, sprockets, tires, etc). capacity (oil, coolant, fuel). Bike won't start (how to check your battery to see if it's charged, be sure not to jump start it off a running car or truck) (check fuses, make sure stop switch is in the on position, LOL).
If its a mini-site I'd keep this content out as its in the owners manual...

Old 07-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums...+threads+index

Old 07-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Registered Users

hey Aken, if you need pics of mods or help with tutorials....let me know

Old 11-03-2008, 06:23 PM
July 2008 ROTM

So I actually started working on this today, and I could use some help writing some of the content. If anyone would like to contribute anything, or has any specific links with any info, I'd appreciate it.

I also might add a "User Gallery" type shindig to it, just to show off some various F4i's in action. So if you'd like to show off your bike some, also let me know. Note that you must have good, relatively high-resolution photos. I will be picky =)

Old 11-03-2008, 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Aken

So I actually started working on this today, and I could use some help writing some of the content. If anyone would like to contribute anything, or has any specific links with any info, I'd appreciate it.

I also might add a "User Gallery" type shindig to it, just to show off some various F4i's in action. So if you'd like to show off your bike some, also let me know. Note that you must have good, relatively high-resolution photos. I will be picky =)
If you can give me an idea what you are looking for I might be able to help.

You also might want to make the FSM available, its helped me a lot. Kept me from asking stupid questions on the forum on several ocassions.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:57 PM

hey, i heard that there is a web site something similair to what you plan to do.
i think its called cbrforum.com. im not sure if i spelled it correctly.

anyway, the only difference between what you want to do and what other sites might not have is a "do it yourself " section and common knowledge/issue area. however, its not like other site do not have threads about those topics that you want to cover. it's just has not be categorized. i guess thats where you jump in.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: ConeyIsland#1

hey, i heard that there is a web site something similair to what you plan to do.
i think its called cbrforum.com. im not sure if i spelled it correctly.

anyway, the only difference between what you want to do and what other sites might not have is a "do it yourself " section and common knowledge/issue area. however, its not like other site do not have threads about those topics that you want to cover. it's just has not be categorized. i guess thats where you jump in.

The difference with a site like that is typically the info is accurate which isnt always the case on a forum. Also you can have all the how-tos categorized and such which makes it worlds easier to find and get stuff done. I know of similar sites for every car I have ever owned and having a single site with how-tos with photos and writeups for all general repairs makes things so much easier.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:22 PM

Don't forget to put in sprockets and pipes. lol

Old 11-03-2008, 07:24 PM
July 2008 ROTM

That's exactly the point. Get all the info into one, easy to use place. Plus when the main DIY site is done, it'll be an additional resource to any bike, not just the F4i. Conceivably, in the future if there is help from others, there could be many mini sites.

Liquidpjear, any info you want to submit is up to you. A write up on what's needed for the split seat conversion, regular maintenance routines and recommendations, aftermarket parts guides as to what fits well, what's worth the money, what to stay away from. Anything!

Old 11-03-2008, 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Aken

That's exactly the point. Get all the info into one, easy to use place. Plus when the main DIY site is done, it'll be an additional resource to any bike, not just the F4i. Conceivably, in the future if there is help from others, there could be many mini sites.

Liquidpjear, any info you want to submit is up to you. A write up on what's needed for the split seat conversion, regular maintenance routines and recommendations, aftermarket parts guides as to what fits well, what's worth the money, what to stay away from. Anything!
Thats cool when I get done with my exams this week and get done with a couple of projects done I will write some stuff up. I also have a pretty good knowledge of css and html if you need any help with the site or navigation.

When me and a couple of people did something similar a few years back we made a template for the How-tos so they were all in the same order/format. Something like this:

-Tools used
-Consumables used
-Step by step with pics
-Factory Diagrams
-Torque specs

It gave the whole site a more cohesive feel and made it easy to find exactly what you were looking for. If you were mid project and needed to know what to torque something down to you could just scroll to the bottom. For somethings it was assimple as taking the FSM steps and making it more accesible to the layman and snapping a few pics.

Quick Reply: F4i Mini Info Site - What to put?