F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i Lower Clipons

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i Lower Clipons

Hey everyone, I know there are a ton of threads out there on fitting aftermarket clip-ons to the f4i below the triple clamp, from what I've read the main two problems seem to be that the handlebars will hit the air duct tube covers and hit the fairing stay at full lock.

My question is, if the plastic covers to the ram air tubes were to be taken off, how much steering would I actually lose if I just put the clip-ons on anyhow without changing to an aftermarket fairing stay.

The reason I am asking is I would like a much more aggressive stance after riding a lot of bikes at bike week, the lower stance feels much more natural. But at the same time I don't have a ton of money to get an entire new fairing stay too and I want to maintain the headlights for the street.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 03-03-2010, 10:54 PM

Bump, nobody knows?

Old 03-03-2010, 11:43 PM

Do you have the tools to try it? Remove the ram air covers, throw it on a triple tree stand, take off the clipons, loosen the forks and slid them down past the top triple, slip the clipons over the forks, and slide the forks back up into the triple.

I think with the stock clipons, they might hit the bottom of the top triple before they can slide up all the way, making them too low. Some aftermarket Woodcraft clipons or similar should work though.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:43 AM

yeah I thought about that but the way they are molded they will be waaay too low like you said, I think I can make it work on the street for all but a U-turn, I just don't want to buy the clip-ons and be wrong and lose a good chunk of money.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:51 AM
July 2010 ROTM

youll have to trim the stock ones to do it. you could do it with other style tho. you still risk running into the gas tank tho. you can get some clip ons off a 99 to 03 r6, the stock ones, they will go on top, but the sit much lower. that would be your best best, but it still wont be the back breaking low like some new bikes.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:25 AM

Wow thank you, I've never heard of that, ill look into that.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:43 AM

I have these clip ons that I just put on, They sat flush with the top of the fork, but I couldn't turn so I raised them up 1/4" and I can turn fine, but it's much more comfortable for aggressive riding. I'll get a pic up!

Old 03-06-2010, 06:17 PM

By those clip ons you mean the r6 clip ons?

Old 03-06-2010, 09:51 PM

No, I'm not sure who makes them. I'll grab some pics for you tonight.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:27 PM

The R6 clipons wont work. I had them installed in the normal position for a while and they would barely clear the ram air covers. If you put them below the top triple, they would definitely hit the ram air covers.

Quick Reply: F4i Lower Clipons