F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i Gripes...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 06:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i Gripes...

Number one, the manual should tell you need a damn screwdriver that is ten inches long for the throttle body removal. ARG!! I hate extra trips to the store.

And two it is damn hard to get the throttle bodies off when the intake boots are cold. I had to loosen the top screws then pry them off with a damn screwdriver.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:48 PM

Thats why you get a real manual, like a Clymer. Tells you exactly what tools you need and the part #'s for special tools if required. One of the best investments IMO, tells you everything you need to know and then some, including wireing diagrams.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:53 PM

I have the clymer manual. IT said you need a long phillips screwdriver, Well i had one that was 8 inches long but apparently you need one that is atleast 8 and a half inches long. oh well. its all apart now. just ahve to worry about getting the cams back on time after i take it apart and making sure all my hoses and plumbing go back in correctly. Cant wait to hear it purrrr...

Old 03-27-2009, 04:33 PM

And i forgot, the one thing that pisses me off the most.. I cant take the coolant reservoir out without taking off the entire rear subframe? what the hell is up with that? Why couldnt they put it in the front of the engine like the euro model or whatever. BS!!!

Old 03-27-2009, 08:28 PM

just putting coolant in the damn jug is aggravating enough.

but hey, mine's dead. Onward!

Old 03-28-2009, 02:36 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And i forgot, the one thing that pisses me off the most.. I cant take the coolant reservoir out without taking off the entire rear subframe? what the hell is up with that? Why couldnt they put it in the front of the engine like the euro model or whatever. BS!!!
If it's to drain it, the best way is to remove the reservoir line from the radiator, pull it through the engine/frame, hang it down and fill up the reservoir with clean water. Gravity will syphon it out.
just putting coolant in the damn jug is aggravating enough.
Just need one of these:

Old 03-28-2009, 06:31 AM

I am wondering if i can get a different coolant reservior that will fit in the front of the bike like the CBR F4. I think the reserve tank was empty. not sure.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:07 PM

The problem with that is that you won't be able to visually inspect your levels without taking the fairings off.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:22 PM

yeah but its only like a couple screws to take off the side fairing. You can barley see the coolant reservoir as it is. Maybe im wrong, i never really even looked at it before. I just want to take it out and wash it so i can put it back on the bike fresh and clean like everything else. Im wondering if i can just unbolt the shock from the frame and get the reservoir out with the shock out of the way.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:13 PM

Oh, I see; you just want to get it cleaned out real good

Yeah, mine's a pain to read also. I end up having to shine a flashlight at it and shake the bike around in order to see it, lol.