F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i Galfer SS brake line install question

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i Galfer SS brake line install question

Hopefully somebody has installed these onto an F4i....
The fittings on one end have a small "angle" to them. Does the angled end attach to the calipers or the MC?
Thanks.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:13 AM
Default RE: F4i Galfer SS brake line install question

I put them on the MC side. I bolted them witht he bend goign away fromt he MC. It just made more sense that way to be. It may be wrong but its a brake line and it fit that way so it works. The fittings are the same on both ends so either way you bolt it down it would work as long as you have the clearance for the lines to not bind.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:58 PM

i actually just installed mine last night. i also put the angled ends on the master cylinder side, because with the straight ends i couldnt get them to fit because they were hitting the pinch bolt.

Last edited by axsys; 12-18-2014 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:45 AM

I have Goodrigde line and the longer side (which goes other left side) had one end that was angled. When I went to full left lock the trottle cables seemed tied up so I did straight from the MC and and angle to the caliper.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:57 AM

I think I'm running into the same problem axsys had.

I initially installed them with the the angled end at the calipers and the straight end at the mc.

That created a problem at the mc. There is a nub of metal that sticks out from the mc mount. I believe the stock fitting goes behind that nub. Apparently it is there to keep the fitting from rotating as you tighten the banjo bolt?

axsys: Is that what you are referring to as the "pinch bolt"?

There isn't enough room behind that nub for the new double lines to fit. I've got the clipons rotated forward quite a bit.

The only way the straight ends fit is to go forward on top of that nub. That doesn't look right.

Tonight I'll try to switch things around. Maybe with the angled ends will fit "behind" that nub of metal.

I'll also try rotating my clipons back a bit to get some more room.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Old 03-17-2008, 10:36 AM

I have Goodrigde line and the longer side (which goes other left side) had one end that was angled. When I went to full left lock the trottle cables seemed tied up so I did straight from the MC and and angle to the caliper.
Did the same thing with my Goodridge lines.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:30 AM

Yeah one way didn't look or fit right, can't remember now, had to do with the stub as mentioned above.

Just don't over tighten the bolts, they are aluminum, any more than 15 lbs*ft could break them. I broke one on the caliper and had to use the stock ones.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I installed my Galfer lines, I noticed that the bends don't line up and it was OK with me. I broke the first set I had. Galfer replaced it (thanks). The bends go at the MC side.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:45 PM

dondi, the pinch bolt i was referring to was the bolt that tightens/loosens the right clipon. when i tried to install my lines with the straight end at the MC, the line would either hit the little nub you are talking about, or the bolt. with the angled end, it seems to slide right in between the nub and bolt.

Last edited by axsys; 12-18-2014 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:19 PM

axsys:Ah, yes THAT pinch bolt! I should have been able to figure that out, thanks.

I was sort of headed in the same direction thinking about moving my clipon around for more clearance.
The only problem there is I kinda like where it is currently... oh, well, maybe I won't have to move it too far.

I had a class tonight but I'm going to try to rearrange things tomorrow if I get sometime.

Quick Reply: F4i Galfer SS brake line install question