F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i Frame Slider Question!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F4i Frame Slider Question!

ORIGINAL: YellownBlack
But I still dont fully understand the silly putty idea. how does that work exactly??
http://www.rc51.org/slider.htmyou're welcome

Old 09-09-2007, 06:46 PM

[sm=hail.gif]lol thanks, much appreciated

Old 09-09-2007, 06:57 PM

I have no no cut ones. Read my reply in this post for my reason why. Pics included. https://cbrforum.com/m_361667/tm.htm

Old 09-10-2007, 01:00 PM

Jaynd;

Nice job on those sliders!!! My only worry with this method (and others like it ) is that if you don't drill exacltly on the same axis as the slider mount bolt, won't the hole be on a different angle and not like up perfectly? This would be especially problematic if when you lay the panel on the wood it sits at a slight angle to the way it would be on the bike (It's a little hard to explain this exactly!!!)

Old 09-11-2007, 12:04 AM

^^ if you really wanted to, you could use a compass....with a thin outline around the pilot hole. that would keep you accurate too. just a thought. but i dont think getting the right angle would be too difficult in the first place.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:34 PM

ALSO, PUT BLUE PAINTERS TAPE OVER THE AREA YOUR GONNA DRILL THROUGH It helps with How clean the Cut is. ALSO, DRILL A PILOT HOLE. REMEMBER YOUR REPLACing the the Stock center enging hang bolts I think. SO DO ONE SIDE AT A TIME DONT TAKE BOTH BOLTS OUT AT THE SAME TIME!!!. I think The torgue SPec is 39 Ft LBS. YOU do ONE side, Toque it, And then you do the other side. Good luck dude./

Old 09-13-2007, 01:30 PM

hey guys i have the t-rex no cut sliders the first week ihad them on i left my bike outside and a thunderstorm came up and made the bike fall over broke my mirror but didn't touch the fairing i don't know about high speeds but i love them right now

Old 09-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the vortex sliders. I didnt find them hard to install at all. Bought a 1 3/4 hole saw for the drill. Installed the bases and placed the fairing on n held it for a minute. And it left a impression in the foam on the back of the fairing Silly putty works if the foam doesnt hold the impression or is not present. Center the drill bit of the hole saw in the impression n drill. I've been told the fit of mine is the tightest they seen.
Name:  S6300011.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  96.8 KB

Old 09-13-2007, 08:55 PM

^^that looks great man!^^ ya, seeing how the season is ending soon here in CO, it'll be one of many winter projects.....so many things to do! perhaps i will start a running log....

Old 09-13-2007, 09:44 PM

dang... i was just looking at the putty method and that looks really easy. makes me wonder why i didn't just look further on the forums to see how it's suppose to be done. mine came out pretty good and flush on the frame slider but i probably got lucky. i just used the glue and nail method where you put the butt of the nail and glue it flat on the motor mount bolt then just use that to mark your pilot hole. kinda tuff i would agree... but whoever made up that putty method, GENIUS!!!

Quick Reply: F4i Frame Slider Question!