F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

f4i exhaust question help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f4i exhaust question help!!

hello fellas. i just got 2001 f4i about month ago and im thinking of buying either yoshi or m4 exhaust for my 2001 f4i. but im afraid of buying a wrong one and regret it. so please help me on this guys. i dont know which one to buy. i also want to get a high mount one and wondering if yoshi makes high mount? if they dont, can i get a high mount kit and install yoshimura exhaust??
if you guys have better suggestion on exhaust than yoshi and m4 on f4i please let me know and help me out. thank you

Old 09-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Default RE: f4i exhaust question help!!

Take all the exhuasts made by the big manufacturers. Write the names on paper, throw D&D out the window unless ear-splittingly loud is your thing. Put them all on a wall, throw a dart. There you go.

It's hard to make a "bad" decision on slip ons. Slip on's are like music. What I think rocks may not be your thing. Don't worry because they all are going to sound similar. Some are more raspy, some are mellow.

DO NOT attempt to cobble together parts. If you wan't a high mount, get a highmount.

Stick with Akrapovic, Arrow, Jardine, Devil, M4, Two Brothers and Micron, and you can't go wrong.

If you go budget, then it's a roll of the dice.

You can look for sound clips on the web, but be warned they may sound nothing like the system does in person. I have attempted to record a clip of my bike and of my car before and they just don't sound right. PLUS a static clip of someone revving the engine is not an accurate depiction of what it will sound like when you are on the bike at 10K or how it will sound to others when you do a flyby.

One last fly in the ointment. I have been messing with the fueling on my bike. The exhaust sounds quite a bit different from map to map. A richer map makes it sound mellow, a leaner map sounds raspy. A f-ed up map stumbles and sounds like ***.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:22 PM

www.devilbikes.com

Old 09-17-2006, 11:44 PM

If you want a high mount, here ya go:

http://www.indysuperbike.com/custome...t=29281&page=1

If you want a highmount that is totally different:

http://www.devilbikes.com/exhaust_pa...JSIEY0L0Y0SQ==

Old 09-18-2006, 01:11 AM

thank you for all the information. i havent decided yet but it helped me alot! prolly go with M4 high mount! but still thinking hahaha thanks

Old 09-18-2006, 02:28 AM

try this thats what im going after

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopp...600F4i-SO.html

Old 09-18-2006, 12:14 PM

Hey man i have a 02 F4i and i was debating what to get also...people said to get two brothers and Jardine ... Then i went to another shop and they said yoshi... My adive, deff no doubt about it go with the yoshi.... its such a smooth sound to it... when i first bought it i just had regular mount, but sence i bought a new slip on, and saved the can, and its now a high mount.... the only problem is with the high mount u loose the passenger peg if that matters at all... but do also like i did and get the carbon fiber, so then it never gets hot... at any point of riding u can touch and hold it so a rider can rest their feet on it....

Old 09-18-2006, 01:29 PM

Have you actually heard other cans on the F4i are you just saying go with the Yosh because that is what you are doing?

I personally don't really care for the sound of a Yoshimura pipe on the F4i. Also the M4 Highmount will allow you to keep the passenger pegs with a peg relocator kit.

If at all possible find people with a F4i and listen to their exhaust.

I run a Scorpion High mount and love the sound of it. Mellow with a low rumble when idling or cruising, and screams when I get on it. I don't like the way the pegs mount. So I will probably upgrade to a Akrapovic or Arrow full system next year (tax time maybe?). The Akra Race system is a standard mount, but has no problem with ground clearance from what I hear.

Who knows. Maybe I will stop screwing around with throwing parts at the F4i and get my RC51.

Old 09-22-2006, 04:45 AM

i'm planning to get a full system this winter for my F4i racebike and its gonna be an M4 most likely
partly because the quality is pretty good and power should be on par with most other systems for the F4i
but mostly because I met Kyle Martin (Vice President of M4, son of President and overall cool **** Michael Martin) on the plane to the Miller AMA races and hung out with him and several racers in the garages while all the other poor bastards had to sit out in the heat. did the same thing at Road Atlanta too so I've met most of the M4/EMGO Suzuki crew and a lot of the crazier privateers (seriously some of these guys come off as borderline mental patients its hilarious!)
All the M4 "family" seems to been good people that honestly love the sport (the same can be said for Pops Yoshimura but I've never met him)
now if there was a significant difference in the M4 and other pipes then maybe I would reconsider but so far I haven't noticed any stand-out pipes

Old 09-22-2006, 06:30 AM

my bike has a jardine pipe. its not terribly loud, but it can be if you wind it out. at idle it sounds almost stock. around town driving its a pretty low mellow tone, above 8-9000rpm its starts to get a bit excessive tho. which would be the case for any other pipe and even a stock bike.

Quick Reply: f4i exhaust question help!!