F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4I DIES AFTER CLUTCH IS RELEASED AND GEAR IS ENGAGED

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4I DIES AFTER CLUTCH IS RELEASED AND GEAR IS ENGAGED

HELP, Im rescently new to the bike scene, im a mustang goooorooooo but know nothing about bikes but heres my problem.... I put a new undertail kit on and after the install ill try to turn my bike on it comes on fine everything is good kickstand up i put it into first gear its still fine but when i depress the clutch it dies immediately it also will do this in second gear any ideas????? is my ecm fried or short circuited

Old 11-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Default RE: F4I DIES AFTER CLUTCH IS RELEASED AND GEAR IS ENGAGED

I know you said the kickstand is up, but thats what it sounds like to me.
Check the kickstand switch
[align=left] [/align]

Old 11-04-2007, 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: jboice06

HELP, Im rescently new to the bike scene, im a mustang goooorooooo but know nothing about bikes but heres my problem.... I put a new undertail kit on and after the install ill try to turn my bike on it comes on fine everything is good kickstand up i put it into first gear its still fine but when i depress the clutch it dies immediately it also will do this in second gear any ideas????? is my ecm fried or short circuited
LOL mustang guru(your jack roush!!) ..If you know how to work on a car bikes are not that much different.Just tighter packaging

Plus if it was working fine BEFORE you did the undertail ,something you did caused it.Like a pinched wire in the harness or something came apart that you didnt see.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:45 PM

Definately not you kickstand switch ... if it was, your bike would die the second you put it in gear, not when releasing the clutch... check your wiring for the undertail. Undo whatever you did and retry it ... then redo wire by wire. Good Luck

Old 11-04-2007, 06:20 PM

i been lookin at this post for the last few mins and im having hard time coming to a resonable conclussion. i agree with 97, its not the kickstand switch.
what happens with you give it some gas and then let go of the clutch?

Old 11-04-2007, 08:35 PM

Just a thought but is the clutch slipping at all. where you start to let it out it slips just enough to start the gear and without revs it'll kill the engine.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:13 PM

no true jack roush.... i have a 98 4.6 cobra with the t-56 and 03 eaton supercharged cobra motor in it...... my problem isnt that im not a bike mechanic it is that im a little leary of just jumping into something i know nothing about..... i will go back and undo evrything i did before.... is there anything like a bad ecm a possibility????? the fi light sometimes will come on too after riding for about 20 minutes

Old 09-09-2008, 04:02 AM

isint there a switch on your clutch that stops the bike starting if its in gear, you could just try bridging that.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:17 PM

Re-check your wiring configuration of your undertail. I know that electronics must complete a circuit and if you wired something wrong. Perhaps you have an uncomplete circuit causing the F1 light to come on, and thus causing the bike to die. Just throwing out ideas.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:00 PM

might want to grow some smaller japanese fingers instead of american mustang fingers. these bikes are harder to work on.

Quick Reply: F4I DIES AFTER CLUTCH IS RELEASED AND GEAR IS ENGAGED