F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i comfort...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i always ride right up to the gas tank and don't even use the rear of the seat so the banana extension of the seat would be useless to me. and IMO the banana seat ruins the look of the bike.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:37 PM

I have owned my 2000 CBR F4 for 9 years and the banana seat has alway been comfortable to me. It allows you to move around a bit so you dont stiff'en up. I just bought a 2008 Cbr1000rr, It is no where as near as comfortable as my F4. Im going to try out a better seat for the Cbr1000. :P
I am glad to have kept the F4. I can use it for long rides, while i use my CBR1000 rr for short rides/ cruising around town. Longest I've ever taken my F4 was like 400 miles in a streight shot. I will admit its not like a cruiser and it will eventually wear you out, so I have to take a frequent rest to shake out the stiffness.
On the CBR1000rr I doubt i can make it for a 150 Mile trip in its current comfort level.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:56 PM

IMO split seat looks waaaaay cooler although I have heard the banana seat is pretty comfy especially if you plan on having passengers... I have a split seat with an aftermarket and personally i dont ever really get uncomfortable ill ride around town for 3+ hours no problem...as far as passenger on the split...if they want to ride bad enough they can live with it. plus i like riding solo better anyways! although a little company every once in awhile is nice..

Old 07-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Love my banana seat. Its comfy enough and I can cross my legs indian style on long distance rides, can't do that too well on a split seat. Besides, its an F4i, not a RR. Its ment to do everything well not just go fast. My passengers love it compared to other sportbikes.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
Love my banana seat. Its comfy enough and I can cross my legs indian style on long distance rides, can't do that too well on a split seat. Besides, its an F4i, not a RR. Its ment to do everything well not just go fast. My passengers love it compared to other sportbikes.

So would you not sacrifice your bike for a split seat style?
I can't imagine the comfort difference is THAT much. Also, if I was to just get a split seat F4i, I would just get used to that, as opposed to trying both, I assume.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:36 PM

all i just read was bannana splits... im hungry now

hahaha my nanner seat is very comfy. ive slept on the bike for a few hrs before. obviously not riding.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:16 AM

I have the split seat model, and I have noticed that I usually have to get off after about an hour to an hour and a half. I have heard good things about this guy. He does re-padding and an LD (Long Distance) upgrade that is suppose to make the seat A LOT more comfy...with out spending alot of $$ on a Corbin seat. I am gonna send him my seat once winter comes and the bike gets put away.

Link: http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

Old 07-11-2009, 01:34 AM

honestly i had the same exact problem.... wanted it for just rippin around town and what not...then my dad got a cruiser and i started cruising with him... spend the money... find a guy or ill send you ones number who memory foams them...i got my down for 65 bucks re-wrapped looks perfect and feel AMAZING!!!

Old 07-11-2009, 02:49 AM

if ur looking for a good seat i just recently bought a corbin seat it wasnt cheap like 200 bucks but holy hell is it worth it so much more comfortable...plus u can get the pipping and the stitchin done in w/e color u want stylish and comfortable

Old 07-11-2009, 11:32 AM

Like Heston said corbin is a bit pricey but they have top quality seats. Instead of the split seat and cowl, I got a corbin seat and trink. The seat so compfy and the trunk gives you so much space for storage.

Attached Thumbnails F4i comfort...-022.jpg   F4i comfort...-021.jpg  

Quick Reply: F4i comfort...