CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   F4i to 636 Clust Swap HELP!!!! Or Shoot Me Down (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/f4i-636-clust-swap-help-shoot-me-down-110396/)

__Z__ 05-11-2010 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by kowen1208 (Post 919762)
Don't blame you for wanting to do this swap. That is one sexy cluster.

As for testing amperage, you can also do it with a digital multimeter, but it requires interrupting the circuit (cutting the wire and inserting the DMM lead to close the circuit).

agreed :icon_wink:

and

dont think there will be a need kowen... if i get that repair manual it should have all the amperage i need... shouldnt it???

dave ls1 05-11-2010 01:31 PM

Why not remove the cluster and make a custom dashboard (since this is a Ferrari build) and use something like a Tiny Tach.

http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/gasoline.php

__Z__ 05-11-2010 01:36 PM

lol this part is more for my personal eye bling than the ferrari build itself... that is a good idea but not my personal style... plus i still wanna have my Fi light so on and so forth...

kowen1208 05-11-2010 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18 (Post 919764)
if i get that repair manual it should have all the amperage i need... shouldnt it???

It might. I got some wiring schematics for my car straight from the dealership and it didn't list amperage.

Really, you're more likely to fry your cluster than anything else. Stuff like LEDs, computer components that operate the tach, speedo, etc.

I'm not meaning to deter you from doing the swap, just trying to help you be aware of all the things you may need to look for. I've been working on a car alarm install, and if I've learned one thing, it's that electronics (aside from plug and play stuff) are never very straightforward, unless you just happen to be an electrician. Even then it can be sketchy.

__Z__ 05-11-2010 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by kowen1208 (Post 919768)
It might. I got some wiring schematics for my car straight from the dealership and it didn't list amperage.

Really, you're more likely to fry your cluster than anything else. Stuff like LEDs, computer components that operate the tach, speedo, etc.

I'm not meaning to deter you from doing the swap, just trying to help you be aware of all the things you may need to look for. I've been working on a car alarm install, and if I've learned one thing, it's that electronics (aside from plug and play stuff) are never very straightforward, unless you just happen to be an electrician. Even then it can be sketchy.

oh no im glad you bring these things up ide hate to get a cluster and fry it due to lack of knowledge... once that manual gets here maybe ill get lucky and itll be plug and play.... maybe i wont get so luck and just hinder away from it... but so far everything is looking like it may work out fine... i mean yes they are two diff. man. but there are such things as standards in a motorcycle world...

makes production cheaper im hoping this is one of those standards...

dmcb2120 05-11-2010 01:47 PM

Just need to see what fuses in the kawi

__Z__ 05-11-2010 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by dmcb2120 (Post 919778)

TRUST me man... soon as i get that email.... ull be the first to know.... :icon_teeth:

once all the facts are combobulated together..... If it works I Shall Do A Write Up.... Perhaps ;-) or keep it all to myself muahahaah jk

__Z__ 05-11-2010 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by dmcb2120 (Post 919778)

what fuses do u need to know? I have the whole damn service manual i can email it to u... i can pick what i need outa the info im given...:icon_doh:

dmcb2120 05-11-2010 03:43 PM

**** it send the whole wiring diagram page Dmcb2120@gmail.com

__Z__ 05-11-2010 03:47 PM

sending as we speak... its a monster