F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 06:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i

I recently had my F3 written off because someone pulled out in front of whilst I was going 60 and I binned the bike trying to avoid her, I am waiting for her insrance to pay out and hopefully with some compensation I will be able afford a newer bike, I am looking for an F4i and was looking for some info on what to look out for on them when looking at second hand bikes - I guess the cct are an issue.
Are fuel injected bikes easier to maintain? as carbs can be a painin the ****.
Any info would be great, I am looking for a bike with about 6000 miles on it.

Cheers

Mike

Old 09-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: F4i

so you want a new bike or just a posers bike?? lol, j/k I'm heading on puttin that many mikes on mine thins summer. lol.

The FI is easier than the carbs are to maintain. Still do the same things when storing tho. Other than the the CCT is the most nortorious problem but it has a easy fix. Good luck!

Old 09-15-2007, 11:11 AM

Go to the "General Tech" forum on this site and at the top it has a sticky about buying a used bike. Very helpful. And yes, FI is much easier to maintain than carbs. That was a huge determining factor in buying my last bike...i've had carbs and was tired of them. From me it's FI from here on out. A little stabil in the gas, pull the battery and it's fine until spring. Good luck.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:31 PM

Thanks for the info, hopefully I will get my new bike within the next few months then I'm sure I will be a regular on this forum