F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

EZ Pass

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ Pass

Hey All - I'm not sure if EZ Pass is a national wide thing, but I'm pretty sure by now every state has the same basic idea - it's a RF transmitter that you get and then instead of stopping for tolls you just go right thru a designated lane and then it will send a signal which is linked to your account. It's a huge time saver and a great idea. However, I went on my first long trip with the bike and there was no real good spot of mounting the tag (which is about the size of a deck of cards, but more square). I was wondering who here uses ez-pass or a similar device and how do you mount it to your bike??? I don't want to use the velcro on the windshield because I think it would look REAL dumb when I don't have the ez-pass on there but I'm not sure how else to mount it - does anybody have any ideas???

~Andrew

Old 04-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Default RE: EZ Pass

I dunno where you're at , but you don't have to mount it on your windshield.....in my car, crossing the Bay Bridge in SF, you just kinda flash it on your windshield when you are crossing the sensors.....then I put it back in my armrest.

I dunno if you wanna to get it out of your jacket or something and flash it then put it back in your jacket though all while riding.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:14 PM

Hey - I had it in my pocket but it's a pain to have to take it out and wave it around - I was hoping somebody would have found a clever way to mount it...

Old 04-25-2007, 10:50 PM

I have seen it on the inside of my buddies bike, just velcro it to the inside of your windscreen. I just take mine out and flash it about helmet height.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:28 PM

do you have to come to a stop? or just slow down?
i just put a leg over my linsense plate (not recomended but cheaper)

Old 04-25-2007, 11:33 PM

We have I-Pass in Illinois. My autoshop teacher had a GoldWing and he mounted his I-Pass on the wind screen.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:49 PM

i attached mine to my windshield i take the highway so much it wasnt worth messing around . i was worried about it falling off but so far so good. in NY it said on the paper work not to use the EZ pass lanes i have no idea why. sometimes i can ride right threw sometimes i have to stop. but it beats stoping and trying to put the toll ticket in your pocket and then fighting to get it out and the correct change

Old 04-26-2007, 12:40 AM

You don't need to pass for toll roads, just ride on the line that divides the lanes and you won't trigger the cameras...at least that's how it is here in Southern California. I just go in between the metal sensors that you cross at the toll booths and I haven't had any tickets sent home yet so it must be fool-proof!

Old 04-26-2007, 12:41 AM

You don't need to pass for toll roads, just ride on the line that divides the lanes and you won't trigger the cameras...at least that's how it is here in Southern California. I just go in between the metal sensors that you cross at the toll booths and I haven't had any tickets sent home yet so it must be fool-proof!

Old 04-26-2007, 01:44 AM

sometimes its nice living in Mississippi, where the roads are nice and free lol (actually the roads suck and they're free but you get the point)

Quick Reply: EZ Pass