F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Exhaust Sound

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Sound

My friend and I were doing yard work yesterday and a couple of sport bike went by.didn't actually see what kind they were. They got on it about a quarter of a mile past the house and it sounded like a couple of formula 1 race cars. I installed a Yoshi RS3 slip on on my 06 F4i a couple of months ago hoping to get that particular sound. I asked my friend if my bike sounded like that and she said she thought my bike was louder with the stock exhaust. I think it is louder but I have a slight hearing problem. Could she be right???

Thanks!!

Old 06-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Default RE: Exhaust Sound

I installed a two bros on mine and have that same problem, i hear all these other bikes and they sound awesome. mine sounds ok but nothing like those others. i thought mebbe a repack of the muffler was needed i dunno. it mite be the cans we got too.

Old 06-25-2006, 12:56 PM

Try letting one of your friends ride your bike past you so you can hear it the same way you heard the other ones. It WILL sound completely different than when you are on it. You will most likely be very pleasantly suprised.......ESPECIALLY with the TBR pipe..My bike sounds MUCH better when it is going by than it does while I am on it.

Old 06-25-2006, 05:07 PM

i got a carbon fiber hindle high pipe on my f4i and it has the sound u are looking for ..

Old 06-25-2006, 05:10 PM

I hear that you have to buy some computer thing and get it all set up when you get a new exhaust put on or it runs too lean or something. Atleast thats what the guy at the sales store told me when I was looking at the scorpion exhaust.

Old 06-25-2006, 07:41 PM

your talking about tuning the ecu dude. which you could buy a power commander and yes thats tru anytime you do anything performance wise intake, exhaust etc you should tune it

Old 06-25-2006, 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: SkinnyJ

your talking about tuning the ecu dude. which you could buy a power commander and yes thats tru anytime you do anything performance wise intake, exhaust etc you should tune it
But you don't have to do it. I have had a M4 pipe on my bike for about 4000 miles with no power comander and my bike runs perfect and I haven't had any problems (like the FI light coming on). I will buy one in the future to get a little better throttle response, but it won't hurt your bike if you don't get a tune.

-Jesse-

Old 06-25-2006, 11:36 PM

yea i never said you couldnt, i have a 2 bros and k &n filter with no problems (untuned) but its reccomended, youll get more out of your mods point blank

Old 06-26-2006, 12:24 PM

I have a Yosh TRS and people always make the comment it sounds like a "indy car". I would think the RS3 would sound similiar. Like was said earlier, have someone ride it and listen. I have heard an Akrapovic, and that sounded freggin' AWESOME. I'd say get that if you really want a F1 sounding exhaust.

Old 06-26-2006, 02:30 PM

I've got a Jardine on mine. That thing screams! Gotten alot of compliments on the sound. Higher pitched than 2bros. and Yoshi. A bit cheaper , too. Don't bother asking me what baffle I have because I have no idea. It was on the bike when I bought it. Does anyone know how to tell?

Quick Reply: Exhaust Sound