F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

exhaust fell off on freeway!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust fell off on freeway!!

So i have a stock 01 f4i, when riding on the freeway today, I dont know what happend but all of a sudden I hear an extremely loud but beautiful sounding roar, i look down and my exhaust is gone, of course going about 80 i couldnt stop and go get it(some cars prob already ran it over). but now, my FI light stays on, I have a feeling it might be the O2 sensor being ripped off along with the exhaust. so now should i get those o2 plugs that trick the bike's computer? -can anyone tell me what they are called and where i can get them?

and i was thinking about going aftermarket for a new exhaust. any suggestions, comments are appreciated. thanks!

Old 08-20-2009, 07:50 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Wow man that's crazy. I have never heard of a bike exhaust just falling off. I am assuming its just the slip on part not the header right? As far as the O2 block off I can't help you out. I would just say do a google search. As for the exhaust, I bet you will hear a lot of different opinions. You really need to hear them in person to decide what one you like best. Personally I have a D&D on my bike and think it sounds fantastic.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fell off? You must have had several things loose for it just to fall off.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:29 PM

Haha! Damn dude! That stinks...

I have a stock exhaust for sale...

-Chad

Old 08-20-2009, 08:35 PM

I have a erion exhaust ... waiting to install cause i broke my pinky ..lol no riding for me for 2 months

Old 08-20-2009, 08:56 PM

yea, i couldn't believe it either, and it was just the slip on, not the whole exhaust,, that wouldv'e been really bad. but it seemed like everything was bolted up tight, maybe some vibrations slowly loosened some bolts on the really bumpy road i was riding on. i dont think i can go back to the stock exhaust tho, it sounds so powerful as is haha

Old 08-20-2009, 09:16 PM

and is it okay for me to ride my bike as is for now? the FI light is on, not sure if I should be too worried about that, it seems to run perfectly fine.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:33 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong, but if they bike is running good then I would say yeah its okay to ride for now until you get an exhaust for it.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it will run lean, maybe too lean and eventually harm the valves. not from the headers being too short n sucking cool air in on them. The length is there, but the tuning will be off. It just seems to be running fine, but it should be ok til you can get another can on it. Tho the LEO and neighbors wont like you lol

Old 08-20-2009, 10:07 PM

thanks for the responses, i ordered a o2 sensor eliminator already, https://cart.jetkit.com/p-1401-o2-se...nator-kit.aspx and hopefully i can find an aftermarket slip-on from on craigslist or something, im not really looking to spend 400 bucks for a brand new slip on.

Quick Reply: exhaust fell off on freeway!!