F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Ever buy a helmet off ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever buy a helmet off ebay?

I am in the market for a new helmet, and i am finding really cheap prices for a new helmet, and i was wondering if these are reputable stores or not, tell me what you think, or if you have ever dealt with one of these stores off ebay.com. thank you

Old 04-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Banned
Default RE: Ever buy a helmet off ebay?

'The helmet shop' in daytona does mail order. If you don't feel comfortable with ebay find their website. I drove up there and bought a shoei rf-1000 camber with graphics for $344 plus tax. I don't know what shipping would be, but I thought the price was pretty good.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:06 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Back in November I bought my Shoei RF-1000 from "leisuretimecorry" on ebay for $350 brand new. Great seller and a super smooth transaction. From the looks of it though he might not be selling anything anymore, either that or he just doesn't have anything up right now cuz it shows 0 items for sale under his ID. Helmet is great though, showed up perfect in a clean Shoei box, included all the accessories and stuff.... I'm very satisfied!! Plus it's one of the most comfortable friggin helmets I've ever had!!

Old 04-09-2006, 03:06 AM

I have bought a few things bike related off eBay and I never had a problem until last season. I bought a AFX helmet and it was terrible. There was nothing wrong in the fact that the helmet was damaged or packaged poorly, but the 1st day I wore it so much went wrong with it. Such as the visor doesnt close all the way and at speeds over 20 it opens, the faster you go the farther it opens. Vent tabs fell off and at low speeds air streams in right into your eyes making them water real bad.
I chalked it up to a bad helmet but I always wondered if it was a recall or defect that this company got at a reduced rate and that's why they were selling it so cheap. I personally dont like to buy Helmets off eBay because if it comes in broken you have to wait to send it back and get a refund or replacement. I guess it is no big deal if you have more then 1 helmet, I am sure you do, I have 4. But given that I still hate to wait for things to be shipped I am like a little kid, I want it now! LMAO. Anyway I found a few places that have good deals on Helmets and they are on the east coast so when I order I get it in 2 days, not bad. I have never had any trouble ordering off an eBay store before so please dont let this discourage you, it is just food for thought.

Old 04-09-2006, 04:07 AM

ight, thanks guys for the input

Old 04-09-2006, 07:03 PM

Don't think of it as just a helmet. Think of it as brain and skull protection. My point is that even if you buy off Ebay, at least make sure that you have tried that model of helmet on for fit and sizing. Don't just buy the one that matches your bike or jacket. Buy the one that fits the best.

Old 04-09-2006, 09:36 PM

Go try the 1 on you want at your local dealer then make the order.

Old 04-09-2006, 11:19 PM

Yeah i bought one for my girl off e-bay from alljetmotorsports. I have a hjccl14 i have had for years. the helmet i bought her seems to be a little better quality. i only payed eighty bucks for it not bad. good luck with your purchase

Old 04-10-2006, 08:01 PM

I don't suggest it b/c it may not fit you properly.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:36 PM

i first checked ebay then went to helmetshop.com. you have to send an email to get the real prices for the shoei's. the x-11 is like $430 and i got an rf-1000 for about $270. cheaper than ebay and unbelievable customer service. i believe shipping is free also.

Quick Reply: Ever buy a helmet off ebay?