F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Euro style Rear Seat Cowl for F4i... now with pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help

Originally Posted by djmnyc
what's up guys? I know this thread is really, really stale, but figured I'd give it a shot anyway.

So, I was seriously considering buying the Targa seat cowl for my 2006 4Fi, but then I found this thread after a friend of mine mentioned he had the "euro style" seat cowl. I saw some pics of his bike, and in my opinion, the euro style cowl looks much better, and is also more practical/functional.

Unfortunately, I can't find it anywhere.

I really like this design over the targa, because you still have access to storage under the seat, and it's simple to pop off when you want to ride 2 up.

Can anyone recommend where I could possibly find one? I already searched ebay motors, and no dice.

Perhaps someone is looking to sell theirs? :-)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Can't seem to find it either, is the a direst site to order from other that searching on ebay?

Old 05-21-2010, 10:18 AM

Not sure if there is a direct site. I haven't been able to find anything yet. Please let me know if you find anything, and I'll do the same.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:20 AM
Default I found the Euro style seat cowl!!!

Powerbronze makes them. They are European. There is a US distributor. Here is a link to the page for our bike.... http://www.superbikestore.com/CBR600F4i04+.htm.
Looks like it only comes in black. I have the Tahitian Blue, so I can only get matching paint from www.colorrite.com . I found this info when I saw a post of a bike, and the owner had listed 'Powerbronze Seat cowl', then I knew where to start looking. If anyone does get one, lets us know how you like it-

Old 05-30-2010, 08:52 AM

thanks bro ... I am definitely going to get one. I have to paint mine yellow, so that's a pain ... but I'll definitely let you know how it comes out.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:35 PM

Would really like to get one of these...anyone interested in painting one in Tahitian Blue for me?

Old 09-01-2010, 07:43 PM

i really like that. i wasnt huge on the one peice seat with the new f4is at all... but with that it looks really clean and good.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:00 AM

I know this is really old but I just got mine finished, and thought I would throw it out there. I made and painted some custom plastic pieces to cover the grab bar holes.

Last edited by dmhemenway; 12-14-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Good sir, I would like to purchase some of those plastic pieces.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:20 AM

Hey man do you have the pics from under the seat???? Id like to see how does it attach to the seat, did you bought it from powerbronze????

Old 12-15-2010, 07:56 AM

For the plastic pieces, I went to Autozone and purchased "Replacement mirror Plastic." I don't remember the brand but it is basically a plastic mirror square that you cut with scissors to fit over a broken glass mirror. I think it was less that $5. Anyway, I drew out shapes that were big enough to cover the grab bar holes and cut them out with scissors. Then I took a good file and rounded the edges till they were nice and smooth. Finally, I sanded, painted, cleared, and buffed the pieces before sticking them in place with doublesided adhesive tape. I very happy with the result, considering I searched for a week without luck for some sort of aftermarket pieces or an easy DYI fix.

For the cowl, I'll take some pics of the underside tonight. Its pretty much just plastic clips with 3M adhesive tape. Powerbronze supplies you with a very strong Loctite epoxy for added strength. I purchased the cowl through superbikestore.com

Quick Reply: Euro style Rear Seat Cowl for F4i... now with pics!!!