F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Ethanol free gas

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ethanol free gas

I found a little gas station in Wilmington, where i just moved to, that sells gas with no ethanol. I guess its for boats and such that cant run eith ethanol. The prices are 87-4.19 93-4.59. These prices are roughly 20-40 cents more respectively compared to other gas stations that sell ethanol gas. My question is, Is it worth spending the extra change for it? I know its better but that much better? Though 20 or 40 cents isnt too bad when i only get like 3.5 gallons but still. What do you think?

Old 09-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might see a few more miles per tank with ethanol free gas but i wouldnt expect any huge gains.

Google search shows only 1 ethanol free gas station left in MD and its no where near me. Maybe someone else will chime in with some expierence.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Dam you! I've wanted to move the wilmington forever now. They have a battleship!!!! Downtown is nice too, especially that little ice cream shop by the water, but seriously they have a battleship!!!!

Old 09-18-2012, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
Dam you! I've wanted to move the wilmington forever now. They have a battleship!!!! Downtown is nice too, especially that little ice cream shop by the water, but seriously they have a battleship!!!!
Haha yeah i go to school downtown, I see the battleship everyday out across the water from front street. I havent seen an ice cream shop yet, ill keep my eyes open. But no input on the gas?

Old 09-18-2012, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS
You might see a few more miles per tank with ethanol free gas but i wouldnt expect any huge gains.

Google search shows only 1 ethanol free gas station left in MD and its no where near me. Maybe someone else will chime in with some expierence.
Yeah this is the first ive seen anywhere. The gas station promotes that its better gas mileage and the guys that showed it to me seemed to think it showed a bit more power.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:26 PM

I haven't tried it in my bike yet but it does give a little better mileage in my truck.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:36 PM

The gas is better but not 20 cents a gallon better.
I don't remember the ice cream shops name, but its on a street that slopes downhill. They have a line down the street weekend nights. Its a candy shop too. They fresh make waffle cones, fudge, all sorts of great stuff.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:47 PM

The gas is better but not 20 cents a gallon better.
I don't remember the ice cream shops name, but its on a street that slopes downhill. They have a line down the street weekend nights. Its a candy shop too. They fresh make waffle cones, fudge, all sorts of great stuff.
Is it near a tatto parlor and where they do the horse carriage ride? i think i know where your talking about. I have to go back down there soon ill see.

But as to the gas Im gonna getg a full fill up next time i need gas and track my mileage and see if i notice a power gain, probably not. I normally get about ~115 miles on 93(I Know, I Know) before i hit reserve thats with a -1/+2 sprocket and w/o a speedohealer. So we'll see.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:22 PM

but seriously they have a battleship!!!!
On another note here ya go boredandstroked

Last edited by C Jacob W; 09-18-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:10 PM

Im showing a seriously jealous face right now. Looks like your just a bit up from the coast guard ship [if its still there, its been a while]. And yes, the candy/ice cream shop is by the horse carriage rides

Quick Reply: Ethanol free gas