F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

eBay Rear Huggers

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eBay Rear Huggers

Just a word of warning regarding these huggers on eBay. I purchased one on impulse due to the pricing (they were cheaper than others and rightfully so).

They came packaged well from the Seller. However, the quality is terrible. It's extremely thin and fragile even given that they're ABS plastic. After only having them installed for 2 weeks, they've already begun to crack near the mount points.

You definitely get what you pay for. At least the color matched. [X(]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 11-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: eBay Rear Huggers

ORIGINAL: rivets

Just a word of warning regarding these huggers on eBay. I purchased one on impulse due to the pricing (they were cheaper than others and rightfully so).

They came packaged well from the Seller. However, the quality is terrible. It's extremely thin and fragile even given that they're ABS plastic. After only having them installed for 2 weeks, they've already begun to crack near the mount points.

Do rear huggers actually keep stuff from flinging up on your tail or are they just for looks?

Old 11-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am getting one from Hotbodies.com (should be here this friday). i've heard mixed reviews on their stuff (color matching/fitting issues) so im crossing my fingers that since it cost $180..........that i'll get a great product.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: muckdawg24

ORIGINAL: rivets

Do rear huggers actually keep stuff from flinging up on your tail or are they just for looks?
keep shyt off the shock more than anything.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:17 PM

^ yea, pretty much. you woud still get some crap on the end of the tail but the undertail will be slightly cleaner.
anyway, I bought a cheap hugger on ebay and after 2k miles it looks just like the day I got it. Im thinking you might have over tighten them. however, its possible you just got some wacky product.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well reading the item posting it says you have to drill out the holes.Maybe when you drilled them out you caused it to get weak in that area(wrong drill bit or something)then when you tightened it you cause it to crack.IMO

Old 11-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ya use the shouldered bolts?

Old 11-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To those above that HAVE a rear hugger installed........would you mind posting a pic (of the whole bike, not just a close up of the hugger)? im getting mine friday and i'd just like to see what they look like ON the bike. yes, i know........i know.......why cant i just wait until friday, lol. im anxious to see what they look like damnit, hhaha.

i'd appreciate it though (sorry to thread jack!)

Old 11-07-2007, 06:26 PM

Yes, it is possible that I may have over-tightened the bolts on the huggers. In fact, I'm going to go loosen it up a bit just to be sure. I tightened it only as much as needed to keep it in place although I could have been mistaken given that I didn't use a torque wrench or anything. Still, I don't think it should've cracked already so quickly. I attribute the cracks to the thickness (or lack thereof) of the plastic used. It's literally barely thicker than two construction papers.

At any rate, it does appear to prevent debris from collecting under the fender but personally I would say it's for more for aesthetic purposes than anything.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:39 PM

Here are two shots that I took two weeks ago when I installed the hugger. I used the stock bolts and stock mount points. Drilled using a bit that was equivalent to the size of the stock holes.

Quick Reply: eBay Rear Huggers