F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Ebay Plastics

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Plastics

I was looking around on Ebay to get some plastics. I saw a ton of Hong Kong plastics but I am not sure which sellerhas good plastics. I know some of them are cheap looking from searching the forum.Has anybody got some plastics from one of the sellers they would like to recommend? Here are some of them

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-H...37658191QQrdZ1

2. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...32795686QQrdZ1

3. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...30970984QQrdZ1

4. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...33807830QQrdZ1

Old 07-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Default RE: Ebay Plastics

You might want to check some of the other threads on this topic, but I heard that the HK plastics tend not to fit very well on the frame. (ie. holes don't quite match up.)

Old 07-16-2007, 09:44 PM

yea people did buy them and they all said the same thing, roughly! it paint job is ok, nothing amazing. also, there were some issues with making the new platics fit on to the bike, however, no modifications were needed.
you should still search and find out these things in more detail.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Registered Users

man the 2nd one, the F4i logo is COMPLETELY wrong...looks like crap!

and the 3rd one, the repsol decals are COMPLETELY wrong too....

just my .02, but if you buy plastics that are supposed to look like ones commonly seen, e.g. black/red OEM or OEM repsol plastics, i would get real ones because people who ride will easily spot them as being fake knock-offs....if you don't care or are going to re-paint then whatever (find a good fit)

not trying to be a *****, just i immediately saw them and went WTF??? like i said, just my .02 - depends if you even care...

PLUS - i would worry about matching up to the tank because you don't get a tank piece (well, it's metal...lol) - like i don't think the red/black would match up to the tank very well

Old 07-16-2007, 11:37 PM

interestingly you didnt find any from the guy i got mine from: hasiugaumai is his id. I wouldnt reccommend him anyways, its has been 4 months and i have recieved half of the kit (the other half is on its way over now). although the paint seems to look good so far, no tests on fitment yet. i have got to get a red tank. From what i have red from others ( i watched ebay kits for a long time) it seems as the auctmart1 is the best. #2 & 4. im not making any promises as i have never seen them in r/l, just seems like that is what ive heard

btw not to thread jack, but anyone with a red/black tank want to trade me for a silver/black one?? just has one very very small ding

Old 07-17-2007, 12:31 AM

DON'T DO IT. THEY SUCK. ENOUGH SAID.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:16 AM

Thanks for the info guys. I think I will save my money for now. It seems like it is not worth the hussle.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:24 AM
I ♥ CBRF

I bought afairing kit from the Auctmarts seller and it really doesn't look bad. Had to drill2 extraholes onthe midsandpurchase completely different bolts. The paint is not bad they justdidn't put enough clear coat so I had a local paint shop put an extra few. I like mine and they fit really nice. But thats just one opinion.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:00 PM

Friend got plastics for GSXR 750. They didn't fit very well, the paint flakes off very easily. They really are pretty sub par

Old 07-17-2007, 02:40 PM

I have a red/black tank I would like to trade, but how big is the ding on your tank? Mine has no dings so I am not sure if I would like to trade for one with a ding.

Quick Reply: Ebay Plastics