F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

eBay Pazzo-style Lever Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eBay Pazzo-style Lever Review

eBay Pazzo-style Short Black Levers - $60 shipped

I finally decided it was time to try some eBay Pazzo-knockoff levers. I have an 05 GSXR600 Master Cylinder on my bike, so the first thing I was looking for was a company that would send me a set of mixed-matched levers. I contacted 3 separate eBay sellers, all with different responses. The first seller told me straight up "No we can no do that" (obvious broken English), the second seller told me "Yes, but it will cost you an extra $20", and the third seller told me "Sure, write me an email at ....", So, I wrote him an email.

The seller I dealt with was firedragonbros2009. Visit their eBay store here. I sent him an email outside of eBay with my specific needs. I was very surprised when I got an email back from someone named Josh, who seemed to speak (or rather, type) perfect English. He told me that I would just have to PayPal him my order with the levers I needed in the comments and he would send them out to me. While some people may think this sounds sketchy, I buy and sell stuff from people with PayPal all the time, and double-secure myself by using PayPal and a Visa card. I told him that would be fine, and then had to talk to him more about the custom order I needed.

While he didn't know why I needed a mixed set, he guaranteed that I would get the levers I asked for, but wouldn't cover it if I ordered the wrong levers (i.e. wrong year GSXR brake lever). So, he simply sent me the Pazzo part numbers and had me double check that they were the ones I needed (I found it quite amusing that they use Pazzo part numbers for their levers). So, I sent him a confirmation email, and he replied with a tracking number before the levers were even shipped. This was the last email, and I would give the communication/customer service rating a 10/10 as Josh was great to deal with.

So, maybe a week and a half later, I get my levers in the mail. Packaged nice in bubble wrap inside a box, I unroll them and start my inspection. They feel great, a little heavier then I thought they'd be, but stout. Before I installed them, I took them apart and greased up the hinged pieces as well as the "clicker" bearings. Not sure if this is needed, but I would suggest it. One down side with the design is that you can't get a socket or wrench on the nuts on the levers, so I had to use some vice grips to hold the nuts still while I tightened the allen bolts. No big issue there. The install on the bike was pretty simple, aside from some customization I had to do to the GSXR lever because of the mounting system on my bike. My clutch lever has pretty much no slop in it up/down at the lever end, while my GSXR brake lever has a little bit but could be fixed with a thin washer. Not sure how well the F4i clutch lever fits, but I'm sure it would be great. Next to my buddy's R6 with real Pazzo's, you can't even tell a difference besides the logos.

All in all, I am very happy with these levers and would recommend them to anyone. If you are looking for a set, make sure to order them from firedragonbros2009's store.

I will add some pics of them mounted on my bike in the next few days.

Last edited by axsys; 06-14-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great review, just checked out his site, and I bookmarked it. I'll keep them in mind. Thanks!

On another note, why do you guys like your adjustable levers? I love the stock ones as far their positioning and length. Basically sell me on them.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:57 AM

Ok, I ordered from him! I'll let you know how I made out when they arrive!

Old 06-14-2010, 07:49 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

nice review ax.... ill be order a set of these levers myself before to much longer... and i plan on converting to a radial so ill have to do what you did ordering mis match... there is a actual seller out there now though that sells levers individually...

but ill check this guy out as well

thx bud

Old 06-14-2010, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Zero1080
Great review, just checked out his site, and I bookmarked it. I'll keep them in mind. Thanks!

On another note, why do you guys like your adjustable levers? I love the stock ones as far their positioning and length. Basically sell me on them.
For me, it's not so much the adjust-ability, but more of the shape. The aftermarket levers have sharp bend in them and IMO provide perfect spots for your fingers where as the stock levers are kinda curvy. Like so:

vs

The overall feel of the lever seems to fit my hand better. The CRG and Pazzo levers only have 6 adjustment spots on them, same as most stock bikes on the brake lever. If I really needed a lever to dial in my exact length, ASVs have far better adjusters.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by zmds18
nice review ax.... ill be order a set of these levers myself before to much longer... and i plan on converting to a radial so ill have to do what you did ordering mis match... there is a actual seller out there now though that sells levers individually...

but ill check this guy out as well

thx bud
i think this option was cheaper than buying individually (i did see those as well), and Josh made it simple as could be.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the same ones. These levers are the ****.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:06 PM

does anyone here prefer the standard length levers to shorties? I noticed that they sell these in both lengths, and I'm wondering does anyone have experience with the stock length pazzo style levers?

Old 06-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for the info & write-up on your find!

Old 06-14-2010, 03:42 PM

Love mine..i have pazzo racing levers. look way better than stock, and i like the shortness of them. nice find man..

Quick Reply: eBay Pazzo-style Lever Review