F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Ebay JUNK; I need an upper

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:57 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay JUNK; I need an upper

My whole bike project was supposed to be done by the end of April.

Well part of that project involved buying a new upper fairing to replace my broken stocker. There are a few aftermarket fiberglass ones on Ebay, so I bought one that looked good and had a lot of info on fitment and such.

Well guess what? COMPLETE LOAD OF ****. The gel coat on it was complete garbage - it obviously had no prep work done to the fairing at ALL after it was cured. There was no chance of the intake grills fitting properly, not to the mention that there were no mounting holes for screwing them in. The "headlight mounts" were two threaded bolts sticking OUT of the fairing.

Icing on the cake? A big "Made in Mexico" sticker on the bottom.

So now it's going to take me at least two weeks to get another upper, and then all the prep and paint time. There goes my goal right out the damn window.

I am not having a good day.

If anyone has an OEM upper fairing that has nothing broken off of it (cracks, scuffs, yadda are fine), let me know.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Default RE: Ebay JUNK; I need an upper

That sucks! I hope you left a bad review. Who was the seller? I would like to know who to stay away from

Old 04-10-2008, 09:31 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Here is their Ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com/rockwallperformance

I did not leave feedback because they did nothing wrong. They just have a crappy product, IMO. I expected a cheaper product than OEM, but this is just ridiculous.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:46 PM

I'm in a similar situation. I was planning on being finished before the end of April. I bought a used OEM faring kit on Ebay planning on using the upper and a few other small peices (then selling the rest). The upper was advertised as having a crack through one part and it was pictured. It had the crack... as well as a chunk of plastic missing from the intake vent... and he drilled huge holes where the turn signals are supposed to go. The upper (which is the only big part I need, so I can paint is not worth fixing. I emailed him and I hope he makes a deal with me, I got screwed... but I used paypal so if push comes to shove I should get my money back. Ebay is great until it ****s you! I'm also in the market for an upper (behind Aken of course ).

I guess my window fo opportunityis out of the question. Good luck!

Old 04-10-2008, 10:59 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I had a similiar, albeit not quite as sucky situation with my left fairing. Purchased a used scraped up set with "no broken mounting tabs", only to find the left one's main mounting hole right by the motor had the whole inside part of it broken off. If you've ever taken the fairing off, you know that you kinda need that part to hold the fairing there =)

Luckily I was able to take a piece from the fairing I was replacing and shove it in. Since I'm painting the bike now, I'll finally be able to glass the piece over and make it all look like one original fairing. w00t.

If anyone is curious, you can follow my bike's progress here: https://cbrforum.com/m_524466/tm.htm