F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

eBay fairing opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eBay fairing opinions

Hey guys, I just got an 02 f4i and It didnt come with the side fairings and the other fairings are kinda beat up. I'm thinking about getting one of the fairing kits off ebay and was just wondering how good they were. I'm not expecting perfect but do the colors match up and do they look normal on the bikes?

Old 06-17-2010, 09:12 PM

also be sure to check cbrfairings.com

Old 06-17-2010, 10:02 PM

well i have had my run in with ebay fairings ill tell ya what they are actually painted very well for being chinese but they use they're own paint codes because the shop i went to to have my tank painted to match said they were gonna have to mix a custom batch and just color match the best they could because it wasn't and exact match to the factory paint code, so that's number1 ..... number2 there are deffinate fitment issues with them and i have talked to at least 3 other locals in my area that bought them and said the same exact thing, they got theirs to work but im by no means a body guy and wasn't about to attempt to fit them on my own, so here is the deal if you can deal with the body work and dont mind waiting to have your tank to get color matched go for it, but if you ask me just save some cash and get something a bit better quaility because this is a deffinate case of you get what you pay for as i have learned lol but check out nicecycle.com i found them in supersportbike magazine in one of they feature articles and from the website they seem legit but hope i shed some light for ya!!!

Old 06-17-2010, 11:30 PM

I just received mine in the mail 2 days ago from ebay. The seller was elliehome1701. Remember that name so you don't buy from him! Just like L.P. said, the paint job is very nice. I haven't tried installing them yet, but from talking to other people I figure I'll have to do some fancy work. This is my beef with elliehome1701 -the front fairing had a scratch in it about 1" long and 1/4" wide. I went round and round with him to get a replacement, but he wouldnt replace it unless I paid an extra $50. The best I could do was get him to credit me $70 and I will try to touch it up. He wouldn't credit me until I gave him a good rating! I didn't even give it a thought about whether or not the paint would be actual Honda code, so now I'm wondering if I just wasted $500. My plan was to order a brand new tank from Direct Line Parts, but I bet it wont match and I'll just be PO'd that much more. Good luck to you. If I had to do it again, I would probably spend a little extra and get them from someone in America.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:01 PM

Buy from acutmarts1 I have many pics and they are super helpful and responsive, also a more well known dealer. you'll want some heat reflective tape like DEI reflect-a-cool to line the insides with. hit me up if you have any questions.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:59 PM

Where can I get some of that reflective tape? Would a local shop have it or maybe Cycle Gear? Do you have pics of where to place it on the fairing? Thanks.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:50 AM

delkevic is also a good fairing dealer. i would definitely deal with them again. everything fits minty and the paint is good quality

Old 06-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm about to take the plunge. If your lookin for primed fairings..I'd def go with delkevic

but if your lookin for an already painted design..i'd def take a look at either nicecycle or cbrfairings.com

Old 06-19-2010, 03:24 PM

I highly recommend buying from these guys.

http://stores.ebay.com/auctmarts

Bought my fairings and I am more than happy with them. Fitment is great. I actually did my own review of them here with pictures.

http://www.ncsportbikes.com/forums/v...215&highlight=

Old 06-19-2010, 03:26 PM

Oh and make sure you order the "perfect fit" series from them

Quick Reply: eBay fairing opinions