F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Dunlop Q2 tire? Or any other multi compound tire

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 01:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dunlop Q2 tire? Or any other multi compound tire

I'm getting down to the end of my BT016 rear (have the matching front also, but you know how it goes) that I really wasn't that impressed with. Only because of the street riding and the center wear. I put a couple thousand street miles on them, and damn did they seem to take forever to heat up... but just on the street. I have put a couple track days on them and damn have they been impressive there. Very predictable and sticky. Most recent track day was a little wet and still very manageable tires. Actually they are great in the rain.
But the center in the rear is noticeably worn, as I'm sure is most always how it happens. I'm probably good for a few more track days, but maybe only a thousand street miles.
Still on the hunt for that good street/track tire. That ends my review of the BT016, lol

Anyone have any input on the Dunlop Q2 or equivalent? Motorcycle Superstore is having a sale that is rather good on them at the moment...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...x#&&Back=159-0

Old 06-19-2010, 01:03 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Not sure but I love my Metzler M3's for street.

My track tire of choice right now is the BT003RS holy **** that tire is awesome.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:31 PM

I've been looking at that BT003, but I would need a spare pair of rims, hmmm... anyways, what else can you tell me about them?

Last edited by Wants a CBR; 06-19-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was watching the FIM supersport and the guy who won 1st place talked really good about them.. I have the Dunlop Roadsmart double compound and so far i love them, even in wet conditions they handle great!

Old 06-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wants, I'm in the same situation you are, I do a lot of up and down, so when it comes time for some serious twisties, my tires work great, but lose tread in the center pretty quick.

While I'm tempted to barter with my dealer, I think they'll just sell me the most expensive, I really have no problem shelling out for a nice dual compound.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, I just picked up a pair of Q2s. Cycle Gear had a deal for $200 for the pair (120 & 180). Simply couldn't pass that up. Talked to several other riders that had been using them (for twisties & track, not cruising around town). They really like them. From the Dunlop product website, I watched the videos from the pros on handling, track use, etc. At least a couple of track schools are using them exclusively. I also read user-feedbacks on other sites. I like what I read & heard.

As I'm still trying to milk out every last bit of wear from my last set of Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs (orig tread design), I haven't mounted up the Q2s yet but I'm looking forward to it.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Bto16's wear so quick it honestly amazes me. I just switched from pilot 2ct's to pures and love them. They hold up fantastic at the track and seem to be wearing better on the street then the 2ct's which honestly is a little weird. I would get 10,000 out of a rear and 14-15,000 out of the front with 2ct's. Michelin is never cheap though.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

In the track days that I've used the BT003RS I never even noticed I had tires on my bike they worked so well. I was way less of a rider then they were of a track tire. They worked better then I could preform.

and as you can see I got them so far over there is NO chicken strip and I felt like they could go even farther.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Well, I just picked up a pair of Q2s. Cycle Gear had a deal for $200 for the pair (120 & 180). Simply couldn't pass that up. Talked to several other riders that had been using them (for twisties & track, not cruising around town). They really like them. From the Dunlop product website, I watched the videos from the pros on handling, track use, etc. At least a couple of track schools are using them exclusively. I also read user-feedbacks on other sites. I like what I read & heard.

As I'm still trying to milk out every last bit of wear from my last set of Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs (orig tread design), I haven't mounted up the Q2s yet but I'm looking forward to it.
Now that's a ****ing deal! Let me know next time you see something like that!

Old 06-22-2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Wants a CBR
Now that's a ****ing deal! Let me know next time you see something like that!
If you think that's a good deal, I just picked up a brand new set off of ebay for $165 shipped. I haven't seen them anywhere else for near that price. And since I know you're about to ask, nope the seller isn't still selling them. I got lucky, he only had 2 sets.

Quick Reply: Dunlop Q2 tire? Or any other multi compound tire