F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Dropping RPM's

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropping RPM's

So lately when ive gone out riding my bike wont hold a steady RPM to save its life...Im beginning to wonder if my fuel line is loose.

What i does is when i hold a steady throttle accelerating or just cruising it will drop about 500-1000k RPM's and when you are at highway speeds its not the most comfortable thing you will feel...Any ideas?

Old 05-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dropping RPM's

vacuum line! did you not plug something back on when you fixed the fuel leak?

Old 05-22-2007, 02:40 PM

Well the thing is ive had to push start my bike lately because the bish will die and it will only do it if i dont let it idle for 10-15 minutes, and yesterdat on the highway it started doing it after sitting at a stoplight for 10 minutes waiting for a light... so i turned the key off for a few seconds it turned itself over and stopped for 10 minutes and started. I havent had time to check the battery...Its been almost 2 years is it time for a battery? ima get it tested today or tom.. and Vacuum lines where they be?

Old 05-22-2007, 04:11 PM

did you mess with any lines when you pulled the tank to fix the leak? they would be by the air box and that jungle of lines between the throttle body and fuel rail.

usually low battery wouldn't make your bike die since even bikes with dead batteries or very low batteries can be pushed started and ridden without much problems.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:34 PM

Heres the problem exactly with the battery....the bike will turn on lights and all prime and when i got to hit start it will crank crank crank crank crank and then wont even crank so i hop off and run that bike and just start it that way... Well the weird thing is that it will sometimes start right up many times no problem...After a 5 minute ride it will start right up, but i hard 2 hour ride it wont even crank..Im perplexed about this. But i looked next to the rear shock and i saw alittle fuel covering the lines i might not of clamped it on tight enough...

and also there is a hose with a L shappedclear plastic connector on it and another hose with nothing connected coming from the bike so i was likeHey 2 things not connected ima connect them.. is there anything supposed to be connected to that L shapped connector?

Old 05-22-2007, 07:03 PM

yo...i need pictures...
get your battery checked...i think that is the problem.
supposedly once the bike starts it won't need the juice of the battery...but when you're idling...the stator doesn't produce much juice so it gets juice from the battery...so if you're battery is dying then you have no juice and bike gets funky, dies, etc.

as for the fuel...fix that no matter what!

Old 05-22-2007, 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

yo...i need pictures...
Of me [sm=insomnia.gif]....

ill pull the tank off or find my other ones i took and ill post them tonight after work

Old 05-22-2007, 07:56 PM

make sure you're nekked.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:22 PM

make sure you're nekked.
I found the tread to be very interesting until the last comment. Just for that, Im gonna by a gsxr to avoid incidents like this.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: alekinci

make sure you're nekked.
I found the tread to be very interesting until the last comment. Just for that, Im gonna by a gsxr to avoid incidents like this.
or you can go to skool and lern too RITE and SPILL propurly!

Quick Reply: Dropping RPM's