F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

dropped and slide into gaurdrail on sunny sunday morning :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dropped and slide into gaurdrail on sunny sunday morning :(

went out for a detour and came across nasty gravel...add into the mix an oncoming SUV (not in their lane i must say) caused me to bank right and hit gravel. I slide off the bike and layed it down as it glided into the gaurdrail. Fortunatley i was not hurt, just upset. The bike will need new plastics, cluster, headlamp, and everything else thats up front

Im doing most of my shopping online to find some good used deals on this sh*t

Do any of you have an recommendations where i can go? I found this destributor for my plastics...do any of you have expericence buying this type of material:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...item3efddf57f9

also where can i get an exploded view of my front end so i can make sure i get everything i need before i decide to rebuild my beauty!

thanks guys
ill post pics tomorrow

Old 04-11-2010, 11:42 PM

that sucks. good thing your alright. right after winter around here is always nasty... rocks and pavement chunks and sand on the roads. there are links to manuals on the forum and they have exploded view of everything. good luck

Old 04-11-2010, 11:49 PM

delkevic.us for your plastics and any parts finche to get an exploded diagram.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bike bandit has a great exploded view. I've used it countless times for that same reason. Sorry about the bike, and glad to hear you're ok.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks, dude. Sorry to hear it.
I generally use mr cycles for fiches.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:08 AM

If you can post pictures of your bike. We would all like to see the extent of your damage. For plastics, stick with known sellers, such as Auctmarts and Bliss-star, they are imported fairings but the quality and fitment is good. For parts always keep in mind ebay, craigslist and stuntlife are great places to pick up used oem parts...cheap.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:34 AM

I got a new fender from delkevic.us and I have to say it's nice. I actually am debating whether or not to even bother painting it. The fit was super duper snug, but good thing it is that exact, all the bolt holes line up.

It is made out of ABS plastic, and I've heard some people saying their fenders all chip/crack over time since ABS isn't as good as OEM plastic? Either way the price was waaay below the factory price.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:37 PM

Sorry to hear about the crash... glad that oncoming SUV didn't clip you. Let's see some pics of the damage.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry about your bike. That stinks. Most importantly, glad you're ok. Could've gone much worse w/ that SUV.

Too, guardrails are nasty deadly manglers. There's a memorial set up on a guardrail, on one of my favorite twisty routes, where a local rider died last yr. I see it every time I go out that way. He was alone when he died but the investigation showed that he lost it in the turn somehow & ended up btwn the bike & the guardrail upon impact, causing his death.

Anyway, glad you're ok & hope you're able to get your bike fixed asap.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How bad are the fairings? Are all the pieces there? I found some 2 part epoxy (permatex for plastic) that works phenomenal. I did a front fairing that had like 8 serious cracks a year ago, and that sht is holding better that the fiberglass job that a "pro" did. I also fixed the running board on my van with it. (she cut the corner too tight and ran over a huge rock) So far so good, and kids like to jump and bounce on it.
So I say save whatever you can and fix it, as uppers are getting harder to come by these days (dam wanna-be's taking all our spare parts to make their bikes look like ours)

Quick Reply: dropped and slide into gaurdrail on sunny sunday morning :(