F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

dropped my 02 f4i yesterday~ need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dropped my 02 f4i yesterday~ need help

hey guys, not even 24 hours after purchasing my 02 f4i i dropped it. I know you can call me a toolbox but i deserved it lol. i scraped up my left fairing pretty good, and my upper fairing cracked because that big *** side marker gave in. I'm pretty beat up about this but what can you do, right? being that i just paid a decent amount of money for a spotless bike which isnt so spotless anymore, i am in the hunt for OEM fairings to replace to get it back in the condition it was just in 2 days ago lol. so if anyone knows anyone with fairings in very good condition or whatever please let me know. its yellow/black. i can give $ and my damaged ones or just $. the fairings arent too bad, just scraped up and i just want a clean bike. if you have an f4i and stunt, i can swap fairings with someone + $$$. I checked ebay, and i found 2 yellow/black f4i fairings but they arent in real good shape. well, thanks for hearing me vent, im just ticked off at myself for being clumsy. hope someone is able to help me out in some way. thanks guys, and good to be aboard these forums even though it seems a little quiet around here.

my screename is ZapcoLancer

Old 12-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Retired Mod
Default RE: dropped my 02 f4i yesterday~ need help

sorry about the damage but it happens to everyone. instead of new plastic, i would look into having yours fixed (if its not horrible) and go with a custom paint job. really make it your own!

Old 12-18-2005, 06:42 PM

I would suggest that even if you get new fairings you keep the damaged ones on for a a while, Just incase you drop it again, after your more comfortable with the bike you could put the new plastics on. I'm not saying your going to drop it again but I just looked at a used F4I I was thinking about buying and the guy had dropped it three times in less than one year. And dont worry , it happens to all of us. You could try Ron Ayers.

Old 12-18-2005, 06:52 PM

ron ayers? im sorry i dont know what that means or who that is? forgive me for being stupid.

Old 12-18-2005, 07:08 PM

how old are you and how long have you been riding? If you're new, don't get new fairings. Leave it for a season. Get a lot of experience, then swap them. You might drop it again.

Old 12-18-2005, 07:11 PM
Retired Mod

ron ayers is a distributor of motorcycle parts. here is a link for the 2002 yellow f4i body page. http://www.ronayers.com/plastics/cat...ake=1&color=55

Old 12-18-2005, 09:19 PM

sorry to hear that....

www.servicehonda.com usually has the best "new" prices on parts.... you can use www.ronayers.com to lookup the part numbers and then compare prices between the 2 sites.. however, usually service honda is better.... expect to pay around $350 for each side fairing and around $400 for the front fairing... it's expesive, i know, i had to buy a side fairing before....

if you have the dough go for it.. but like others have said, keep the scrapped up ones on until you are more comfortable with the bike etc...

Old 12-19-2005, 04:14 PM

I"ve got a friend at a dealership, I'll check into what he can give you the fairing for new.

Old 12-19-2005, 05:15 PM

Awesome.

Thanks everyone for helping me out and trying to get me in the right direction. I really appreciate it. I am still available to swap and/or buy fairings off someone. I am checking ebay periodically. Keep me updated, as I will keep all of you guys as well - I guess haha.

Thanks again!

Old 12-19-2005, 06:20 PM

I checked with my friend and he said that retail is $490.00 per fairing. He can give them to you for $400.00...do you want it?....Shipping is on you though...these are brand new.

Quick Reply: dropped my 02 f4i yesterday~ need help