F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Double Bubble vs Stock

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double Bubble vs Stock

I am looking at getting a smoked windscreen for my bike before the good weather gets here. I have done some looking on the different threads about the two and the only thing that i keep running across is the issue with the double bubble melting the dash. The main question that I have is.... Does the double bubble give you a smoother ride over the stock screen? My fear is that it will push the air from my chest up to my head and cause my head to bob around more. Just wondering if anyone has some good insight on this? Thanks

Old 01-31-2011, 10:34 PM

How tall are you? I am 6'2 and with the stock windscreen the wind hit me straight in the neck/chest. With my DB it just hits the top of my helmet, nothing a slight tuck won't fix. I would absolutely recommend it.

As for the melting of the dash, I have not experienced this phenomenon.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:46 PM

I'm right around 6' and right now the wind hits me in the chest. I don't mind that, I just don't want my helmet bobbing all over the place. What brand of DB do you have?

Old 02-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 5'8 and a DB screen hits me right in the helmet, made my neck mucles very tired trying to resist it.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:18 AM

I have the Zero Gravity double bubble and I love it.. but I am only 5'4..the wind goes right over me..its great!!

Attached Thumbnails Double Bubble vs Stock-doublebubble.jpg  
Old 02-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ripcus10
...Does the double bubble give you a smoother ride over the stock screen? My fear is that it will push the air from my chest up to my head and cause my head to bob around more. Just wondering if anyone has some good insight on this? Thanks
Ideally, the DB will push the air up over your head w/a proper riding position. If you're more of a straight up type rider, you will notice the airflow around your head, especially if you're taller. However, w/ an OEM type screen you're getting that airflow already, so w/a proper riding stance & a DB, you'll get a "smoother" ride in that, they'll be less direct airflow hitting your upper torso.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:07 AM

When I got my ZG DB I did my best to measure the height diff

DB

Stock

Old 02-01-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Ripcus10
I'm right around 6' and right now the wind hits me in the chest. I don't mind that, I just don't want my helmet bobbing all over the place. What brand of DB do you have?
It's the zero gravity DB

Old 02-02-2011, 01:51 PM

Thanks for all your help guys! I think I'm going to go with the DB one after all. Is there any place that has a sale on them at any time or are they generally the same price at each online store?

Old 02-03-2011, 02:12 AM
Banned

I just bought a double bubble for $20 shipped on ebay. It's a powerbronze two-tone. Looks a bit funny on a non dark/black bike but works GREAT for the price. The dark tint on the outside also seems to shade the brake fluid reservoir.

Only thing I've noticed is with my large helmet (as opposed to my normal medium helmet), the wind does pick up on the helmet a bit unless you're tucked in real good. Still, I can tuck much better and 75% of riding positions are better with this screen over stock.

Last edited by madman; 02-03-2011 at 02:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Double Bubble vs Stock