F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Dog!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dog!

Thats pretty crazy, I have never had that happen to me... yet.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:50 AM

To SeattleSy#1255:

Nah, not stupid, just have a very possessive, territorial instinct.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:16 PM

me and my buddy were cruising around the other day and got behind a lady who had a dog in her car and he looked back at us... stared for a second... then just started going crazy jumping around the car and barking, hah, she was trying to grab him and make him sit in the front seat and he kept running to the back to bark at us.

it must be because were standing and look different than cars, or the sound of the exhaust, or maybe our helmets...
a few of my friends have dogs that if u walk in the house w. ur hood up they go crazy so the helmets probably confuse them or make u look "bad" to them, lol

Old 04-10-2008, 05:10 PM

ORIGINAL: kukku

To SeattleSy#1255:

Nah, not stupid, just have a very possessive, territorial instinct.
what if one is say, almost 2 and chases it's tail literally hourly...it is so damn funny to watch, never gets old.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:30 PM

I've been chased twice by dogs. The first, and scariest time, i was riding causually down a street i cruise all the time. There are a row of hedges along the right side of the road for about 50 feet. As im passing by these hedges a big (looked huge at the time) dog came bowling through the bushes, Sand Lot style (you know what I'm talking about). I banged the throttle wide open and scooted past, so close that i probably could have kicked the dog in the head while it was in the air flying at me. Literally it was in the air within touching distance as I gassed it. Scared the hell outta me.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:36 PM
IDL

I live near a little white yappy dog that goes absolutely nuts when I ride by their house. It barks and sprints at me like it's possessed by the devil.
One time I was riding down the street and this stupid little thing was being taken for a walk by its owner. The owner wasn't paying attention and as I drove by it bolted off the sidewalk and straight at me.
I looked down at my front tire and just caught a glimps of it getting jolted back as it ran out of leash. It was litterally going to throw it's head under my front tire.

Would have put it out of it's misery, I say.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:53 AM

Yeah, chasing own tail is funny.....and stupid.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:16 AM

I have never been chased by a dog on my bike, but in the MSF class they taught us to "trick" the dog by changing your speed suddenly and then speeding up... something about it throws the dogs timing off and the dog misses you... idk... just an idea that does suck though.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:42 AM

In and around Annapolis I don't see this much, once we head down south we get chased at least once a month and just speed off like stated above.

I'm just glad it's not by one of those Police K-9 dogs that hit you with all their weight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc5P8n3LRak