F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Do you love your F4i or, what ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you love your F4i or, what ?

Hey what's up everyone. This is going to be my first post in this forum, hopefully not the last one.
I am very seriously considering buying the '06 CBR600F4i . I previously owned Kawasaki ZX-6E ( An awesome and very comfortable allarond bike , mine was '94 w/ only 20K miles on it ) Looked Brand new.
Now I would like to upgrade to Honda. I thought the the F4i would be best fit for my needs. I need something that can kick ***, is a sports bike, and is comfortable for in town and defenetly for long out of town journeys.

What do you think ? Am I on the right track if I go w/ the F4i ? Or maybe I should look at the different model/make ? I mean I love the looks, I appreciate the honda build and peace of mind for the engeneering quality. I sat on the Euroversion of CBR600F and sitting wasn't too comfortable w/ the feet down. I never had a change to ride one . How is when it moves ? Is the seat comfortable for the rider and the passanger ? How does it handle ? Does it ride smootly, doesn't jerk when accelerating ? What are you detailed and over all opinions ? Please advice me. Anything else I need to know ? And finaly what would you change/improve or don't like about the F4i ?

Thank you so very much for your responses.

Phil

Old 01-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Default RE: Do you love your F4i or, what ?

F4I was my first bike ever and i picked it because it was alot more comfortable then the RR to me, espically since i hate beign slope down like on the RR all the time.

Havent didt anymods to make it more comfortable, but i hear the corbin seats are suppose to be the best for riding pleasure. I took my bike on a 180mile ride each way last June and didnt have a problem with posture,back or becomming tired, shyt it was fun as hell opening up on the back roads in the south. Also gets pretty good gas milage think i had to fill up at 166 miles so i was basiclly full when i got to the family's house.

My friend has a 2004 R6 and from when we use to ride it stays with him and sometimes gets him but that my be the rider factor.

Lastly dotn know how easy it is going to be for you to get an 06 cause when i got mine they were saying that they didnt have any projected in the books comming in and that was May of last year. Heard rumors that they stopped making them. U might find a used one.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They did stop making the F4i but they still have to support it for the next 10 years!
My first bike. Stock seat a little uncomfy but riding position's fine. I did 200+mi on my second day to bring it home. Very manageable bike!

Engine of F4i is a little on the buzzy side, especially around 4500-5500 rpm. Not to the point of being jarring, just hope sometimes that it purred a little smoother :P
As in all high-rpm sportbikes there's some low end torque deficit, but that quickly goes away as you rev a little.
Other than that only problem might be CCT - which is more an irritant than a functional issue. cheaply fixed too.

Though it's a 600 non-RR it leaves little to be desired. Accelerates faster than a Lamborghini Murcielago :P

Old 01-25-2007, 06:44 PM

I love mine I bought it about 2 months ago and it's still perfect have roughly 1000 miles on it now and I take it to school every once in a while for a fun little ride.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:53 PM

Love my f4i to death.Only downside to an f4i imo is a lil less stock hp.I can ride all day and not be to sore unlike my friends bikes.I honestly want 3 f4i's. 1 to stunt 1 for the track and 1 to keep on the street

Old 01-25-2007, 07:20 PM

checkmy 06'out in the for sale section

Old 01-25-2007, 07:23 PM

F4i is amazing... lol

Old 01-25-2007, 07:24 PM

i have an 04, first year of the banana, and love it...probably gonna do the rear seat conversion eventually though cause that is the only thing i dont like about my bike, but very very comfy..and great all around....I SAY GO FOR IT, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2007, 07:28 PM

Bought my f4i this year, didn't want the rr (too racey and uncomfortable seating position on long rides) I love my f4i, its a great package. Good for weekend trips, commuting, and ripping around when you feel like it. If you plan on doing alot of long trips 2up you may want to look at the vfr, its more of a sport tour bike. But I do reccomend the f4i. Great Bike

Old 01-25-2007, 08:54 PM

Hey Guys, Thank you again for the broad response to my post and I'd appreciate as many opinions and shared knowledge/experiance w/ the bike as possible.

ampfp said in his post that Honda d/c'd producing the F4i. and it surely looks that way. He also said that the manufacture is obligated to support it for the next 10 yrs . So it's Only 10yrs and that's it ; they stop making the parts ? I mean my ZX-6E is f/m '94 and any parts I want f/m ground up are available. I don't have any experiance w/ Honda , so is that what they do ?: only produce replacement parts for a decade and then no mo' original parts ?
Phil

Quick Reply: Do you love your F4i or, what ?