F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Did i pay too much??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Did i pay too much??

Aparently you felt that the bike was worth the $5k at the time so I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. I just paid $4200 for my 02, but that was after talking him down from $5100. Furthermore, once I got it home I have already spent a ton on mods I haven't even installed yet. (frame sliders, fender eliminator, HID conversion kit, and rearset lowering plates) This doesn't even mention the costs of the oil change, brake fluid change, chain lube, gloves, jacket, helmet with custom airbrush to match bike, boots, battery tender, stand, title transfer, registration, inspection, insurance. With everything included I am sure that I spent more than you. Does you bike have any mods to it? I know they say you can't make your money back on mods, but if you were planning on putting them on anyhow thenall ready having themwill definitely save you money.

Anyhow, just enjoy your bike and forget about the cost. If you don't end up trading it in anytime soon then it will be well worth it!

Old 11-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd put it this way... this deal was worth 3.8k-4k at best, but the bike's definitely worth every penny Make sure it's well serviced and it'll be amazing. I made a noobish deal myself but I've never felt bad about getting the bike in itself :P

Old 11-02-2007, 06:16 PM

Looks good to me I spend 3000 on mine I think you got a good deal

Old 11-02-2007, 08:51 PM

I got my 01 F4i a year ago, with a ton of mods (listed in my sig) for only $3800. but that was in December and no one buys bikes here in the winter. I know i could have waited 4 month and sold it for 5k easy, but i liked it so much i decided to keep it for a while!

Old 11-02-2007, 09:27 PM

congrats!
so what if you paid little more.. enjoy your bike and be safe. got my first bike last year, 02w/ 7000 miles, and i'm 31 now.. i don't get to ride much, but it's been a blast. looking forward to another season next year.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:19 PM
Banned

Don't worry about the money. I would just make sure the 16k service got done. If not I would strongly advise it. Just as MotoGPFan26 said, a guy just turned 100k and still running strong. Just goes to show that regular service goes a long way.

Nice bike. Enjoy and be safe.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:03 PM

You paid excatly what the bike was worth... to you. Live life with no regrets.

For the record, I paid $5300 for my 01 with 4500 miles. And for San Diego, that was a fair price.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:26 AM

+1

Those of you who paid 2800-3500 for your bike got a sick deal!! I know lots of people who bought there bikes for really cheap because the seller needed quick cash and took the first offer they got. But the rest of us who didn’t buy our bikes from someone like that didn’t get ripped off....we just paid the normal price for a great condition F4i with low miles that hasnt been laid down or knocked over (hopefully)!!
I’m just saying, I too have friends who bought their bikes for really cheap. I look at it as they were"in right place at the right time" kinda deal.....nothing wrong with that at ALL!!! That’s awesomethat they got a great deal on a sweet bike!! But on the other hand, I don’t feel as if I was taken or ripped offfor paying what I did for my bike ( 4500 for an 02 with 5000 miles, perfect condition + gloves and 2 helmets). I did my research and didn’t buy the first bike I looked at. I was happy with the purchase and still am to this day....im not saying I wouldnt have been a little happier to pay less than I did....but I have no regrets and think it was a fair deal.

What it truly comes down too is we all made a GREAT decision in bikes and price really doesn’t matter as long as you are happy with the bike......we all paid what we paid...and the end result is we are all riding kick *** F4i's (sorry to any others who don’t have F4i’s reading this….if you bought a Honda…..I still like you)!!!

On another note......I really do believe that those of us who ride CBR’s (specifically F4i’s) are a great breed of people. I haven’t met one single person who isn’t cool as hell who rides a CBR! Although, half the people I meet that ride gixxers and/or yamy’s (no offense) are arrogant as hell and feel they are better than everyone else on the street. That’s not saying that all of them are like that....just most of the ones I know! Please don’t take that the wrong way…it is what it is. Half my friends ride bikes other than Hondas…I still love them….even though they are always trying to get me to trade up for a Zuki or Yamy!! I am Honda 4 LIFE!!

------And if you know someone who wants sell their F4i for really cheap... PLEASE let me know...I’m looking to buy one for my girl for Cmas!!!!

Old 11-03-2007, 09:00 AM

Yes sounds like too much BUT... timing is everything. Most that bought there bike cheap were in the right place at the right time. If you want one now and there is only one available for 5k that floats your boat, then its the going price.

You pay more for items at a conveinience store, you know that toilet paper was 30% cheaper at the big store.

For someone who will keep the bike for over 2 or 3 years, its worth every penny at 5k

I took over payments on an 06 with 1200 miles... 13 months had been paid and the bike was barely riden. The payoff was almost 8k when I took it over, but it was no money down, good interest rate, and just a couple hundys a month. So even though 8k is a lot for a used bike, I think I got a good deal in my situation.

Love the bike much more than I thought I would for a 600. I ride with fast bikes, R1, Busa ZRX1200, 929... Never have problem keeping up under 100mph. At times the 600 pulls harder at certain speeds.

I have had many bikes, Kat 750, ZX-11, FZ-1, KZ1100, VL1500, Sporty, Marauder 800... My F4i will always have a special spot in my garage. Very respectable bike that awes many.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:26 AM

It really depends on what market you are buying in. Bikes for sale in the south and west tend to go for quite alot less than in the northeast or west coast. I've been actively searching for an F4i for a couple of months now and I can say that in the CT market I would not have paid as much as you did. I almost bought a factory stock, mint 02' F4i with 2200 miles on it for $5200. I just couldn't get there in time so I lost the deal. Around here in good condition they seem to go for about 4-5K for bikes that are mint and have less than 10k miles on them. As far as your deal is concerned the price seems fine but the mileage is a little high. But at this point who cares.The deal is done, go enjoy your bike. These bikeslast a long time as long as they are taken care of.

BTW, nice looking bike.