F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Did I lift the front?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I lift the front?

On 1st gear, I'm maybe at 6000K RPM or so... I rip the throttle open and see my headlights aim higher. I let go the throttle after maybe a second.

Did my front tire go up off the ground at all or did it almost get up?

My bike has a yosh rs-3 slip-on, basically that's it for performance. How high should my RPM be before i power it up so that the front will lift just a little off the ground?

Just letting you guys know, I'm not into stunting but I am just curious as to what RPM I should be really careful at. I'm not planning on doing 12 o'clocks or stoppies. I let my friends stunt while I sit on the side and watch while keeping my bike damage-free.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Did I lift the front?

it could've...as it's totally possible...but it also could have not and what you saw was your suspension unloading in the front and squatting in the rear.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:47 PM

If you really want to know if it'll go up, take it to 8 grand and then rip the throttle open.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:00 PM

It could have...but generally you can feel it come down.....I think it was more of the suspension.....youll know when that front tire comes up...I remember the first time I poped mine up....shifted down in 2nd thought I was in third and poped the clutch while reving at my buddy.....

Old 05-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wish i knew how to bring the front wheel down right

Old 05-15-2007, 04:13 PM

probably just the forks unloading. if you popped up, you would know it

Old 05-15-2007, 06:19 PM

Probably not, you'd definately feel it come back down. Either that or had it up maybe if you're lucky like a few centimeters lol.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:41 PM

i would say the samething that you unloaded the weight from the forks. if you would have popped a wheelie you wouldnt havel felt the front at all.. any where from 5-6k rmp and a hard rip can cause the bike to lift.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:24 PM

Yesterday I did my first accidental wheelie - you will know when you do it, there is no question - you will get a feeling of sudden weightlessness on the front, almost like how an airplane takes off. regardless - be careful out there and always remain calm. I was going up a hill when the front lifted (I was gunning it in 1st) but if you just stay calm and let off of the throttle just a tiny bit or even just keep it constant if you weren't accelerating much it will come right back down.

cheers

Old 05-15-2007, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

I remember the first time I poped mine up....shifted down in 2nd thought I was in third and poped the clutch while reving at my buddy.....
I did that only it was in first and I thought it was in second. Turned around to wave to a hot chick on a yellow F4 and threw it up to 10k to take off down the street real fast so I could be "cool" and just dumped the clutch. Scariest moment of my life! Anyway, yea I know this guy that rides in a group I've ridden in who has a 91 750 and he can power wheelie 5-6k. I wish I could wheelie. =( Everyone can but stupid ol me.

Quick Reply: Did I lift the front?