F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Delkevic Fairing Review

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would he have a wipe out? You don't go to a track day to do 10/10ths. It isn't a race.

That was my whole point. I have taken my $20k, not even available in the USA, bike with $5k of custom fairings/paint on the track.

Not trying to sound like an ***.

Old 08-08-2010, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by vfrman
Definately get to a track. You don't know what you are missing!
Right, the track is like a laboratory where you experiment and detect.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:37 AM

I ordered my tail section from delkevic and it was SUPPOSED to be coming from Colorado. When i checked my tracking info it had just left the Republic of China....not planning on ordering my entire set from them in January unless this rear is a perfect fit. I ordered it on the 23rd of Oct and it just shipped yesterday, hoping the quality justifies the wait im going to have.

Tracking info :Your item left SHANGHAI EMS, CHINA PEOPLES REP on October 30,

Last edited by bigboi18184; 10-31-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:30 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Yeah that is what I was pissed about to is I was told it was in stock and shipping from CO then to find out its shipping from China. I wish they were honest with me from the get go then I wouldn't have been pissed off.

I think you will be very happy with the way it fits. I am extremely happy with they way the entire kit fit together on mine. Also I have had it on for a full season now and the durability is great. All the pieces have held up awesome.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:43 PM

Ya it really wasnt such a big deal that it was coming from china but i called and they said it was in stock also. Then when i got my tracking info about it coming from china they said they all of a sudden ran out. Was expecting it in at most 7 business days but its turning into about 15.....ordered it off ebay from delkevic and they may not be getting positive feedback.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:54 PM

I've been researching Auctmarts and Delkevic for the past few days for my new fairings. I'm planning on ordering painted OEM Black fairings from them. Is their paint easy to match to (for my tank)? Also, do bolts/fasteners come with Delkevic fairings?

I have heard a lot of good things about Delkevic, but I've noticed in my talks with Luke, that he doesn't seem to know much. I asked if they came with heat shields (which he said he thinks they do now?). What the hell does that mean? You "THINK?!" He also said he "thinks" they stopped cutting the slider holes into the fairings.

It sounds like Delkevic fits like I want. I wish I could get a good review/pics of installed Auctmarts

Old 12-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Banned

www.nicecycle.com www.myfairings.com all you need stock painted or make your own color scheme and they will paint it for you then ship it out

Old 12-03-2010, 04:14 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by Johnny Ocalypse
Is their paint easy to match to (for my tank)? Also, do bolts/fasteners come with Delkevic fairings?

I have heard a lot of good things about Delkevic, but I've noticed in my talks with Luke, that he doesn't seem to know much. I asked if they came with heat shields (which he said he thinks they do now?). What the hell does that mean? You "THINK?!" He also said he "thinks" they stopped cutting the slider holes into the fairings.

It sounds like Delkevic fits like I want.
I don't know if their paint is easy to match because I got the unpainted set and painted everything including the tank. No bolts do not come with the fairings. I went through bikebolts.com to get the bolts because I wanted all of them in gloss black.

I would bet that they do not come with heat shields. I ordered all mine from my local Honda dealer and they were not that much. Very easy to install. All the pieces come in the correct shape and they have adhesive on the back so you just peel off the paper and stick it on your fairing. My fairings have held up great with the OEM heat shields. I also bet all the fairings come pre-drilled.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:28 PM

I've officially received my fairings now. I'm in the process of putting some of my own heat shielding on them. I'm also putting a header cover on my pipes. I know its overkill, but I'm also going to get the OEM like you did. I don't want these guys melting on me. lol

Here is a pic of the bike, with only the right lower crowl on:

Quality is kinda low on the pic. I'm using a 3Gs as a camera here
Name:  3a6ff106.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  59.5 KB

Name:  20a2472e.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  48.4 KB

Old 12-29-2010, 08:24 AM

R DUB, could you post pics of your bike after getting delkevic fairings on your cbr? Johnny where did you order yours from?

I'm in need or replacing the headlight/front fairing, and the seat fairing. I love my color scheme, and don't wanna mess that up, do you guys have any suggestions for that? How easy is it to paint the unpainted fairings? Is there a way to order just what i need already painted?

Quick Reply: Delkevic Fairing Review