F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Delkevic exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delkevic exhaust?

Hey everyone, i am looking at getting one of these cans but I am just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these and if so what is the quality and how do they last long term? Also, I heard that they hurt your motor cause they are pretty much straight pipes, is this true?

Old 01-03-2012, 07:33 PM

Delkevic is the one I'd probably go w/ if my bike didn't already have a slip on when I got it. I think most of the slip-ons are a straight through design w/ a perforated tube and packing to absorb some of the noise, and it will not adversely effect your motor.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:29 PM

I have one. The carbon fiber shorty with a wide exit. I like it a lot and it's very throaty and on the deeper side (this model is specifically for that, others that arent so fat are probably higher in pitch). It's just a slip on so you won't really feel any difference in performance. It came quickly and weel packaged and fit great

Old 01-03-2012, 09:55 PM

Thanks guys I appreciate the help, and Santos do u have the really short 8" one? And if so did u have to remap it?

Old 01-03-2012, 10:19 PM

I'm not the most experienced rider and am still learnign a lot, so I did not do that. It was just a slip on, not a full system so I figured it wouldn't need to be remapped unless I wanted to get a lot more performance out of it. It ran just out of the box, the only difference I felt was a slight lag around 2k rpm but all I did was give it a bit more throttle and no difference from before. Yeah the 8 in!

Old 01-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Talking

Lol that's alright I just got my permit last week and the only reason I asked is because that's a really open muffler so it might mess up your air to fuel ratio... That's prolly why it seems sluggish to u around 2k rpms

Old 01-03-2012, 10:59 PM

Yeah, I accepted that lol. It took me like one ride to adjust my takeoff for it. I'm planning on replacing it with a full exhaust/header system and a power commander once I've settled some more of the regular maintenance and other more critical replacements (The bike is in good condition but the guy before me didn't maintain it properly and regular. Needed some TLC. But I digress. For the price, sound and look of the Delkevics they are probably some of the best entry level slipons. If you have the money for a full system go for it, but if you're just beginning and just want a lil meanness to the sound while you ride the Delkevic is great. I'm sure if you do have the resources to remap the sluggishness would go away but it is very minimal.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:03 PM

I got my f4i about a month ago and it only had 7600 miles on it so it is pretty new, and I am not looking for alot of power out of it, just want a decent sound while riding, and how load is yours? Is it so loud that it's annoying?

Old 01-03-2012, 11:07 PM

It's loud but its a very pleasant loud. Very throaty up until around 7-8k rpm when it starts to go up in pitch. Sounds awesome in both ways. I have had it since around April 2011 and I ride year round and still haven't ever been annoyed by it ( got 3500 miles ridden in 9 months @_@ )

Nice! I got my f4i on the younger side too considering its age, 13 thousand miles on it.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:24 PM

Not bad at all, sounds like u have a pretty nice bike mileage wise, and thank you for the info. I am torn between the 8" mini and the 14" stubby lol

Quick Reply: Delkevic exhaust?