F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Delkevic Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delkevic Exhaust

I have been looking for a new exhaust. I want something that sounds deep and throaty but sounds good. I have a buddy that had an SV 650 that had a delkevic exhaust on it and it sounded good. I was wondering if there is anyone who has put one of these on an F4i, how it sounds and if there are any sound clips or videos of a delkevic on an F4i. I have also noticed that on their website they don't have a midpipe with a spot for the O2 sensor and I was wondering what all you have to do to fit the O2 sensor in the pipe. Thanks in advance!

Old 04-07-2011, 01:24 PM

These are the only things I could find on youtube for the Delkevic. I think they are F4's with the Delkevic on them(not F4i). But it should give you an idea of the sound.
YouTube - Honda CBR 600 Delkevic Stubby
YouTube - Honda CBR 600F4 Delkevic Slip On

Have a listen to the Danmoto pipe on the F4i, I think it sounds really nice, it's really inexpensive(i think you can get it from the danmoto website for like $110 shipped), and people seem to love it here on the forum,
YouTube - 2006 Honda CBR F4i 600 New DanMoto Exhaust Rev Getting my Bike Right
YouTube - danmoto carbon gp pipe (ebay) 2000 cbr600 f4 / f4i worked 130 hprw

As for the O2 sensor, I've been looking into getting the Danmoto exhaust for my F4i and had the same question as you because it doesn't come with the O2 sensor bung in the mid-pipe either. From what I've seen online you have 3 options, run it without the sensor(the FI light will be on but I guess it doesn't hurt anything), Take the mid-pipe to a muffler shop/welder and have them weld in a bung for the O2 sensor, OR buy one of those Dynojet 02 Eliminator plugs which plugs in to the harness where the O2 sensor normally goes. Here is what I'm talking about, you would have to confirm that its for the F4i.

https://cart.jetkit.com/p-814-sensor...for-honda.aspx

I don't know if the bike will run better or worse with the O2 bypass thing. If it were me I'd just have a bung welded into the new mid-pipe and keep the sensor.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:20 PM

Thanks for finding those. I haven't had much luck finding them on any CBR. I have looked at the danmoto's but i'm not real crazy on the way they look and a little hesitant on the quality of them. The Delkevic one that i am looking at is $150 shipped and that still seems like a good deal and it seems like a nicer pipe. Thanks again for your help!

Old 04-07-2011, 10:18 PM

Happy to help. Thats all just stuff I've run across while trying the answer the same questions you had. $150 shipped isn't a bad price at all for an exhaust. If you get it make sure to post some vidz so we can hear how it sounds.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:18 PM

I bought Delkevic 350mm carbon exhaust a few months ago. Probably going to install it next week. I can shoot a video if you want.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:26 PM

Jukitsu that would be awesome!! I thinking that is the route that i'm going to go I just want to get the opinions of some guys that might already have one.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:13 AM

I'm having my rearsets and passenger footrests painted. There was some kind of mix-up and I'm getting them next week. So no video yet.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:28 PM

I know this is a late time to reply to the last post but I just ordered a 14" stubby stainless steel pipe. Jukitsu I was wondering if you got your pipe on and how you like it?

Old 06-07-2011, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ripcus10
Thanks for finding those. I haven't had much luck finding them on any CBR. I have looked at the danmoto's but i'm not real crazy on the way they look and a little hesitant on the quality of them. The Delkevic one that i am looking at is $150 shipped and that still seems like a good deal and it seems like a nicer pipe. Thanks again for your help!
Danmoto's quality is top notch. I have had one for 4000 miles and it still looks just as nice as the day i got it and it is super throaty. My buddy has a yoshimura on his zx6r and my bike's exhaust sounds way nice for a 1/3 of the price. Don't let danmoto's low price fool you, their exhausts are nice.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ripcus10
I know this is a late time to reply to the last post but I just ordered a 14" stubby stainless steel pipe. Jukitsu I was wondering if you got your pipe on and how you like it?
Yeah, sorry that I forgot to upload the video. I have the carbon version and I like it. I have the noise killer installed and I have not tested how loud it is without it. My friend has danmoto and I have to say it is loud and quite good for the price, but I would say that Delkevic is little bit better build.

Here is my F4i and Delkevic installed:

Quick Reply: Delkevic Exhaust