F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

debadging

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Ski
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default debadging

did anyone here debadge their bike?

i wanna take of some of the stickers it has, i think it will ook cleaner, what did uguys use to get them off?

Old 05-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Default RE: debadging

Elbow grease and goo gone. It took me at least an hour per side when I took the stickers off the side fairings. That is just the adhesive residue. When I took the actual stickers off I used a hair dryer and patience, then had to wait for adhesive for another day ( patience was shot). It does look good IMO.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:31 AM

remember your side fairings are a different color than the rest of your bike, so be ready to have a weird looking bike. i trimmed my wings, but didnt go all off because it would looks silly

Old 05-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Ski

When i had to take of tints on my car i used gasoline to remove the adhesive left behind. It did a marvelous job almost instantly getting the glue off. Would that be of to use on the bikes paint though?

i dont intend on getting all teh stickers off, i just wanna get rid of that f4i600 sticker on the tail end and a few more.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:28 PM

Ascetone worked the best for me. It is like super nail polish remover that u can get in a hardware store. I tried Goo-gone on the sides and had to work my *** off. When I used ascetone on rear tail it took 2 min total to get adhesive off.