F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Deal's Gap

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deal's Gap

I'm planning a trip down to NC this weekend to ride and camp out in the deal's gap area with a few of my buddies. anything special i should pack? i've never been down that way. (yea i know... gear and life insurance)

Old 10-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Deal's Gap

ya say camp? It may get cold at night. Extra levers if ya got em lol I know a brake lever would have made my ride home the other sunday alot easier :lol:

Oh a set of nads I know some locals that may be doin night runs lol, so pack a flash light too lol

Old 10-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

shoot a PM to thirdgenlxi, he's got some pretty damn good write ups from his experiences there.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:53 PM

stay warm and dont lose your wallet, i lost my wallet riding one time, were mistake i ever made

Old 10-01-2007, 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: FozMan

stay warm and dont lose your wallet, i lost my wallet riding one time, were mistake i ever made
jacket packet FTW

Old 10-01-2007, 08:57 PM

the ewather is supposed to be 90 at day and 65 at night with 10% rain. shouldn't be too bad. actually i do have extra levers and i thought about that. but i think what i'll do is make sure i have enough extra $$ to take a bus home just in case.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Ace_f4i

the ewather is supposed to be 90 at day and 65 at night with 10% rain. shouldn't be too bad. actually i do have extra levers and i thought about that. but i think what i'll do is make sure i have enough extra $$ to take a bus home just in case.
lol not a bad idea lol

hollar later on in the week I may ride up satuarday or sunday.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Retired Administrator

Lots of money for tickets. One big tip, stay in packs. My buddy just got a ticket and the LEO told him he stopped him because he was alone and easier to stop. WTF right... There are TN state and Blunt county LEO from beginning to end. The dragon is not the same... maybe next year they will go back to fighting crime or protecting and serving the public instead of singling out bikes on the dragon.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

Lots of money for tickets. One big tip, stay in packs. My buddy just got a ticket and the LEO told him he stopped him because he was alone and easier to stop. WTF right... There are TN state and Blunt county LEO from beginning to end. The dragon is not the same... maybe next year they will go back to fighting crime or protecting and serving the public instead of singling out bikes on the dragon.
they wasnt bad when I was up sunday b4 last but I got up there late in the afternoon.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Retired Administrator

I was there the weekend of the 21st. Both Saturday and Sunday and I never saw less than 6 LEO on the dragon. Think about it, 6 but up to 10 LEO on an 11 mile piece of road. That's some serious waste abuse and fraud of tax payers money.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a cop basher and anything. There have been doing this all summer and I'd see two, maybe three at the most to police the speeding, but not as many as they have. That money could be better spent on buying better equipment for LEO and EMS. Maybe setup the radar gun cameras or something. That way they are stopping the speeders and not writing tickets for people holding cameras or license plate mounts. They not gunning for sport bikes, I noticed more harleys that sport bikes getting tickets. It just seems like they want bikes altogether to stop riding there.

Quick Reply: Deal's Gap