F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Damn, bent forks.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn, bent forks.

So I decided to try my first burnout at my friends house in his driveway, let me just say big mistake. I revved up to 8 (WOW, mistake #1 now that I look back) dump the clutch (mitake #2) and the front wheel comes up and carries me over to the other side of the road into the neighbors driveway and onto the ground. I'm all scraped up but more importantly... my bike. The front forks are bent (at least I think, I have to turn all the way to the left to go straight...) and the fairings are ALL scraped up.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. What should I do

Old 08-31-2010, 10:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well... Obviously don't do burnouts again. Not until you learn how first. 8k + dumping the clutch you're lucky you didn't 1 o'clock.

If you have to turn all the way left to go straight, that's prolly alignment. Forks are outta line. Think back to when you had a bicycle and your handlebars got twisted. Try realigning the forks before assuming any worse.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SELL THEM TO ME!!!! And that is probably true, unless you can see visible bends. Take them off, and have them checked. These are things you don't want to buy.

Also, I did my first and last burnout, lasted about 2 seconds, and I went about 5 feet.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:42 AM

you should just quit doing stupid ****

Old 09-01-2010, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Well... Obviously don't do burnouts again. Not until you learn how first. 8k + dumping the clutch you're lucky you didn't 1 o'clock.

If you have to turn all the way left to go straight, that's prolly alignment. Forks are outta line. Think back to when you had a bicycle and your handlebars got twisted. Try realigning the forks before assuming any worse.
Yeah now that it was explained to me it makes sense and I am pretty lucky, lol.

Originally Posted by Zero1080
SELL THEM TO ME!!!! And that is probably true, unless you can see visible bends. Take them off, and have them checked. These are things you don't want to buy.

Also, I did my first and last burnout, lasted about 2 seconds, and I went about 5 feet.
Yeah idk why I got the urge to do it, I've always thought they were lame. It does make sense that the alignment would just be off because I didn't go down that hard.

Originally Posted by Bun_Bo_Hue
you should just quit doing stupid ****
To the vast majority of this country, riding a bike period is included in your stupid ****. So...

Old 09-01-2010, 01:02 PM

Loosen the triple trees and straighten everything up. There could be a chance that they just twisted in the triples.

Did you not have your front brake locked?

Old 09-02-2010, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by brveagle
Loosen the triple trees and straighten everything up. There could be a chance that they just twisted in the triples.

Did you not have your front brake locked?
I'll try that this weekend, gonna take it apart with my friend.

I had the front brake locked, but since I dumped the clutch at such a high RPM it just brought the front end up... so it didn't do much good LOL

Old 09-03-2010, 05:58 AM

Nice 0 speed wheelie Now work on the landing
Next time don't dump the clutch release it slowly while holding the front brake.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next time, stand up & hold all your weight as far forward as possible and right when you dump the clutch you need to push down hard on the front. This is all while holding the front brake lever to the bar.

I've never had a problem getting rid of an old tire this way...

Sorry to hear it went bad.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:26 PM

ive seen some of my buddies just put the front tire against a wall and burnout out worked fine(but i wouldnt do it)

Quick Reply: Damn, bent forks.