F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Custom Seats???

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Seats???

Besides the way over priced corbin. Are there any other nice seats for those 400+ mile drives?? I can get seat foam and i am thinking of even making my own. I can do it with cars cantt see why i couldnt do it with a bike. Has anyone else made their own? If so do you still have the outline??

Old 12-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Default RE: Custom Seats???

best bang for your buck is to buy a staple gun and take off the cover you have. Go to Walmart and pick up some foam or gel seats and stick it under there and just recover it. poof ur done

Old 12-02-2008, 02:10 PM

LOL, thats what im doing over the winter, father in law rides and had his seat re-done, looks good, so i decided to get mine done as well. Better looking leather plus a bit more plush

Old 12-02-2008, 03:22 PM

I would probably try the homemade gel/foam custom seat if I could find any decent gel/foam around where I live. I dont want to use a generic bicycle seat pad like from WalmartandI could not find anything else during my search a few months back. The stock seat was doing rough things to my lower back and *** so I had to do something and bought a used Corbin from a member of this forum. Wasn't expecting much when I unwrapped it but that thing is so much better than the stock seat its almost amazing. $150 I would probably spend again.

If you do customize your own seat dont be afraid to make it wider than stock and buy good quality foam.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:54 PM

I want to do my seats this winter also. looking at memory foam and gel. The only thing that makes me want to no do it is because I know it wont be the same as the corbin. If i could ride a f4i with the corbin maybe then I could judge if i like it. I am just not sure how much i would like or dislike the riding position the corbin gives over stock.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: MC_spirited

I want to do my seats this winter also. looking at memory foam and gel. The only thing that makes me want to no do it is because I know it wont be the same as the corbin. If i could ride a f4i with the corbin maybe then I could judge if i like it. I am just not sure how much i would like or dislike the riding position the corbin gives over stock.
The immediate change you notice in riding position with a Corbin vs stock is not necessarily a good change, not that bad though. Im referring to when you first sit on the bike; the stock seat offers better freedom of movement front to back and side to side, the Corbin is made to support your *** so it kind of pushes into your legs when standing the bike up. Where the Corbin earns its keep is on longer sustained rides. Somehow my lower back and *** no longer turn to stone with the Corbin like was the case with the stocker and I feel solidly connected to the bike with the Corbin.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:01 AM

Interesting, I've never thought about getting a different seat. My legs and ankles cramp up long before my *** does on the seat to where I need to get off and walk around.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:09 AM

a seat for a bana style is 500 beans. bpoth frpnt and back piece. the split style seat can get away with just buying the front seat. if that was my case i would have gone corbin a while ago

Old 12-05-2008, 01:51 AM

I wish i could switch to a banna seat... is there a way? i see people going from banna to split but never the other way around. Why you are most likely asking yourself. I am 5foot 7 130-140lbs and ride alot with my girl on the back 5foot2 95-100lbs i am all the way up on the tank and she and i have almost a foot gap between us she could almost fit in the slot we got goin on LOL it would just make it easier. Since the bike really isnt "MINE" more so hers because she has me by the nuts she wants to make the switch

Old 12-05-2008, 06:21 AM

It is possible to go the other way, id imagine. Im sure someone has done the conversion. I am sure if you put up a few posts in the wanted and classified's you will find someone who wouldnt mind trading, straight up. I would also like a nanna seat as it would be more comfortable for my girl. I wont do the change though, shes too sexy how she is.

Quick Reply: Custom Seats???