F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

crashed with my girl

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crashed with my girl

My girlfriend and I went down on sunday in in a traffic accident. We were coming around an easy right hand curve on a road that we ride all the time, and when I got around I noticed I was coming up on a dark colored suv (can't remember exactly what kind. So I down shifted and started slowing down. When all of a sudden he mashed his brakes and I couldn't get stoped in time so since there is no shoulder on the right hand side of the road I looked to see if there was any oncoming traffic in the other lane and there wasn't so I got in to that lane. I then realized he slamed on his brakes beacause the guy in front of him was towing a trailer with no brake lights or turn signals and decided to make a left hand turn on to a gravel road. I then squezed my brakes harder and my rear locked up and slid on some of the gravel from the other road. I then released the pressure on the rear brake to regain traction and we collided with the rear of the trailer which sent us flying. At my best guess we were traveling about 50mph coming around the curve and about 20mph when we collided. the speed limit on the road was 45 so yes I realize I was speeding a little around the curve. I They took both of us to the hospital by ambulance where we were treated and realized. Mostly just bruises and scrapes. I was wearing my helmet, agv sport jacket, gloves, jeans, and just some doc martin leather boots. My girlfriend was wearing helmet, jeans and longsleeve shirt and tennis shoes. She actually came out better than I did (thank God) injuy wise any way. My bike is probably a total loss it damaged the front fairing, right fairing, exhaust, mirror, brake lever, foot pegs for both driver and passanger, and punctured the gas tank. I will get pictures up as soon as I can. probably tomarrow when I can get my digital camera back.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: crashed with my girl

good to hear you both made it through! sorry about the bike though, but at least you're alive and well!

stay off the rear brake mang...it's bad news unless you're very well versed in it...and in a panick braking situation, the rear gets very light and will lock up if you even breathe on the pedal!

Old 08-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

man that really sucks! I hope she forgives you... I know my girl would cut my nutts off if i ever wrecked with her even if she was wearing ALL her gear. glad to hear you two made it out ok though

Old 08-22-2006, 03:50 PM

So is it gonna be the nutjob with no rear lights that pays????

Old 08-22-2006, 04:13 PM

Lets hope. A incorrectly attached trailer is a huge mistake! If it was a business, like a landscaping company, you may be able to suck some serious money out of it.

Old 08-22-2006, 04:35 PM

It was just and individual not at company. according to the officer that made the report I will be recieving a citation for passing in a no passing zone. I tried talking to him to explain what I was doing since he never got a statement for myself or my girlfriend. all he would say is that the Sgt. on duty said I would be recieving the ticket. This conversation happend when I went to pick up a copy of the police report for my insurance. I asked him when I would be recieving the ticket and he told me that he was unsure. does this sound goofy to anyone besides me? Also there were 3 vehicles there when it happend, but only 2 had any kind of an impact. myself and the trailer. The police report doesn't indicate a third vehicle in thier diagram. It just has them down as a witness. Is this normal. I gues that one of questions is that how can the sheriffs office do a thourgh investigation with out haveing a statment from all parties involved namely me and my girlfriend. luckily I have full coverage so it will pay for the ambulance ride and all medical treatment if his won't. I have to go back to the doc today because my right side by my hip and back is all swollen and is numb to the touch. even if i put ice right on it I can't feel it.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:07 PM

if you werent given the ticket on site... then they cant give you the citation

this is why u have to sign tickets, that varrifies that you were given the ticket and are aware of your court date

Old 08-22-2006, 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: JVracer04

if you werent given the ticket on site... then they cant give you the citation

this is why u have to sign tickets, that varrifies that you were given the ticket and are aware of your court date
Not always true.

Traffic collisions are usually a civil traffic matter. Depending upon state law they may have 30 or more days to issue a citation. Delivery of the citation can take many froms to include certified mail, or the officer may just show up at your house one day.

Besides, how would they use photo radar if they had to give you the citation at the time of the offense?

Old 08-22-2006, 05:40 PM

Glad to hear you weren't decapitated! =) Sorry to hear about the accident. =( And I've never had to sign for a ticket.

Mike

Old 08-22-2006, 10:11 PM

f'n idiots ppl dont relise we need more time to stop then they do. very glad you and your woman are telling us about it

Quick Reply: crashed with my girl